AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed Video cards from a GeForce 2 to a radeon VE so I could use powerstrip to control gamma on the video overlay (HUGE IMPROVEMENT!). Thanks for all of the help that I got here on that subject.

I run my DVD's with win DVD and between that, the new radeon card, and powerstrip I can find no adjustment that might control color saturation. I'm a looking to sqeeze out just a little more color. With the Geforce card I was able to adjust this, with the Radeon it seems I cannot or I just cannot figure out how.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff Lemke

·
Registered
817 Posts
Jeff: the Color1 (? Color2 is gamma) slider in WinDVD provides a small amout of color saturation but not as much as you had with the GeForce2 overlay control. I stongly suggest that you try to get the ATI player to work b/c its color saturation controls are more flexible than WinDVD's and with the Plus 1100 you can use all the color boost that you can get. Until I finally got the ATI player to work (no small task) I went so far as using an AA component transcoder to improve color saturation (the 1100 has better color saturation throught the component input) on the 1100.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.