Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm trying to find out what the color wheel speeds are for the Optoma EzPro 755 and InFocus LP530. Also, my choice of projectors is between these two and the Sharp PG-M20X (which has a 3x color wheel, same resolution and comparable brightness to these other two units). Unit will double as my father's portable presenter and my home theater machine. For my Dad's use customer support will be important. Any ideas what unit may be the best bet? Thanks!

Mark Hayenga

·
Registered
660 Posts
Both the Optoma and the InFocus use a 2x or 4x color wheel. Seems to depend on whom you ask. They spin at 120 Hz or 7200rpm, if that helps. I understood your title pretty well. :)

Don't forget, for HT use, the LP530 also requires an optional module if you want a component input. The module runs around $500, I think.

If you can get your dad to go for it, try to get him on the Optoma H55. Do a search on the forums here for H55 and you will see what everyone thinks. While the H55 is primarily an HT unit, it makes beautiful images with PowerPoint as well. In fact, if it's an application such as Graphic Arts, Advertising, etc., the H55 might be the best projector. While it's "only" rated at 1000 ANSI lumens, the 1000:1 Contrast Ratio and excellent color saturation really help it hold up well in anything except the brightest lighting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.