Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 [email protected]

I'm the owner of a Barco 1609 with HD120 lenses and I'd like to improve the performance changing the original red and green C-elements with colored ones.

Barco told me that it costs 620 € each (part n°: R1309726 red, R1309727 green) so I'd like to buy it directly from U.S. Precision Lens but I can't find it in Internet.

Could someone help me?

Thanks a lot everybody,

[email protected]

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Sir

Video Display Corp might have those, they are near Shreveport, 318 747 0140, but be aware that filtering red will cut the output by 20%; boosting red drive levels may cause blooming or poor focus as well as accelerated wear.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Tim,

I checked with Tim at VDC a while back on this and he said they din't have them.

Terry

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
United Precision Lens has them. Search for Corning Glass, the parent of UPL. Also do a search in this forum for color filtering lenses. You will find a phone number and the contact person at UPL.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I have changed the c-elements on my BG-1200 to get color filtering on the red and green crt. Have a look at my page to get an idea of what is involved.

Gunnar

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Hey, where is Per Johnny?

This is the first time that I've seen a "colored filtered" thread without his post.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hi,

I have changed the c-elements on a projector with Sony tubes (actually on two) and I can only say that it is easier to put the projector in an upright position where the tubes are 90° and just swap the filters - it is that easy.

Just take care that at least one person is holding the projector in the correct position.

If you like great colors filtering is always worth the effort.

@mp20748:

Mike, I am sure Per Johnny is reading this but doesn't want to get burned again ;)

I will perhaps get an Electrohome Marquee 9500 soon and will also try to filter it - I don't care for the reduced light output this causes, as I really need the -for my eyes- improved color rendition I get with the filtering. A friend of mine has tried this for the Marquee 8500 and never would go back.

Oliver Klohs

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Oliver

Well, I have a 9500LC with a melted green C-element. I have read scary posts here about changing them (KBK) and the rubber sealing holding the liquid behind the C-element.

I was thinking about trying to change it, and if it does not work, I need to send the tube to VDC for retubing and then hope they could change the rubber seal.

I like the idea with the upright projector. That could save the need to remove the tube and drain the liquid first. If you will try the change on a 9500LC, I'm VERY interesteed in hearing about it!

Kind regards, Claus

PS. You can see the tube here (the sun did it!)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...279559&idx=177

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
VDC has said they can do it no problem. You must supply the elements. With a 9500LC the green is already filtered so all you need to supply iis the red. The charge is $100. I purchased a bunch of red c elements from UPL. Cost me $50 each. Couple are available if you want one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Mark

Great. Do you think that applies if I damage the rubber sealing myself? The problem is, I need to change the green one to (it's melted!).

I will order one of you red ones. See, I was quoted 120 USD/each!

Kind regards, Claus

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Hi Claus,

I have only done this with a 1292, which is equipped with Sony tubes.

The Marquee has not successfully been done so far, AFAIK so I would advise against trying it, but obviously you have to replace a melted C-element.

The deal with the Sony is that you may have slight amounts of the liquid in the chamber touch the rubber sealing and still everything is fine, but with the Marquee there has to be an absolutely clean surface and it seems the C-element is kind of glued to the rubber sealing.

So whatever it is you have to be careful with this, if you can it would be advisable in this case to drain the fluid chamber before doing such an operation.

Also, because of the apparently higher risk of leakages afterward I would strongly advise against desktop mounting the projector.

Best possible solution of course would be to send the tubes to VDC and have only the c-elements done, but I wouldn't count on them doing this.

And no, I have no intentions on doing this myself ;)

Oliver

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Last time I spoke to VDC in Louisianna they said they had and could install a red c element in a 9 in Marquee tube reusing the rubber seal. Evidentally new seals are not available so great care is necessary in removing for reusal the existing one. VDC says its has and can do this sucessfully.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Axel. Read the thread. There is an e-mail address for the lady you need to contact at UPL. UPL is a division of the Corning Glass Company. Located if I remember correctly in Ohio. I have a couple of extra red c elements which I paid UPL $50 each for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Mark,

but I read the thread every day and I've mailed to the Lady from USPL some days ago...

However my question was if that Lady is the same where Gunnar and you bought for 50$ each your c-elements

Let me Know;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.