AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the recurring interest in the colorfacts/Dilard pre buy and with Cedia just finishing up we are extending this buy for another 2 weeks!

Our prayers go out to our friends in the NY/Manhattan area!

www.avsforum.com/special

------------------

Alan Gouger

Thanks for supporting AV Science.
www.avscience.com

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
OK Guys,

(I posted this in the other thread but looks like that thread fizzled.)

Will Colorfacts:

1) WORK with ALL current PJ's (direct view,crt,dlp,dila,lcd)

2) ALlow operation on more than one machine (main HTPC and then laptop for my direct view TV's

3) Include in 1.1 ability to take the sensor reading from the screen

4) what is the sensor warranty?

5) Tom, What is the pre-buy cancellation policy?

Thank you

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Jamin,

I just now found your post in the other thread! Sorry about that. I think that with the events of late that it must have drifted straight by.

Here are some answers for you:

1. Yes, Colorfacts is specifically designed to be an alternative to expensive equipment for analysis of all types of displays (DLP, D-ILA, LCD, Direct View, plasma, etc.)

2. Probably. The current licensing has the software working with the supplied hardware, so you can install the software in whatever machine you wish. We don't have any plans to change the licensing model from this, but this hasn't been signed off yet.

3. This is planned. We are exploring 2 different techniques for taking readings from the screen, and expect that one of them will work out, with accuracy to our tolerances, and will end up in the 1.1 release.

4 & 5. - These are good questions for Tom.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Milori,

Great answers! The time stamp on my pre-buy order probably just slid in under the wire on the 10th. I think you are doing some exciting stuff. I hope it takes off like a rocket.

If you ever do a white paper - please post the link.

thanks

------------------

plug in to play

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.