AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Colorfacts with an NEC LT260 ?

I have been having a little trouble getting good results and wondered if anyone had some advice or set-ups they had already tweaked.

I have tried two user image settings based on 'movie' and 'presentation'. Starting with movie gives the best D65 and is fairly consistent. On off contrast is as low 450:1. Presentation mode give a contrast of 1000:1 but I can not get the grey scale to track D65 consistently.

When I try to get the colour temperature exact (according to colorfacts) the greys and highlights appear pink/red.

I have also tried using a CC30 filter, according to colorfacts this makes the D65 spot on. The picture is again pink/red (not suprisingly) and the contrast has dropped to 350:1

A bit frustrating for a projector that is meant to achieve 1300:1.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Have just received mine for my company.

No yet tried anti colorfacts.

Noticed there is a place for putting in a filter. do you know the diameter

Thanks

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I would be surprised if you could get D65 in presentation mode. These things are designed to output a lot of light in that mode and I don't think that goes with getting all the colors balanced. It seems like this is just one of the issues with the whole colorwheel design. If you can get D65 in one mode you're ahead of what some DLP projectors can do.

I'm sure the specs for contrast and brightness are not for settings that get you D65.

--Darin

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Try an FL-D filter. It seemed to really bring the image to life a bit more on my 260 when I saw it with darinp's filter from the M20X. I tried an ND-20 filter and it just didn't help the picture at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In response to the suggestions so far:-

To: Mark K

The filter diameter is listed in the install guide or the manual, I am sorry I can not remember. A word of caution, it is suggested you only mount a special clear filter for protection, not a CC or FLD

The manual is on the CD or at http://www.necvisualsystems.com/corp...series_MAN.pdf

To Darin P:

I am sure you are correct about the D65 and presenation mode. I was not actually using presentaion mode itself but as a starter for a user setting. It was worth a try.

To: Wildfire99

The CC30 is similar, I do have an FLD but it is not big enough.

Thanks to all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.