AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Eye-One LT today but unfortunately my copy of DVE HD Basics won't be here until this weekend. I downloaded and burned the AVS HD calibration disc and was wondering if I could use that to calibrate my AX100U. I was going to follow the dummies guide ( http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457 ) but it uses DVE HD Basics. Does the AVS HD disc have the same patterns as DVE HD Basics to calibrate with ColorHCFR and my new Eye-One LT? Thanks for any additional info you can give me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
yes it does

·
Registered
468 Posts
YES!

I actually prefer it to DVE HD basics as it doesn't have the correct color patterns.

Set your contrast and brightness in the basic settings.

Pop it in go to greyscale, windows, do your calibration. Then go to color, window do your calibrations.

Daniel

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daniel, thanks for the info. So I should use the AVS HD disc to first do contrast and brightness. Then go to Greyscale and calibrate. Then do color and calibrate. Right? Also, do I follow the same guide as I posted above or is there a better guide I should follow?

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachness /forum/post/15477625

YES!

I actually prefer it to DVE HD basics as it doesn't have the correct color patterns.

Set your contrast and brightness in the basic settings.

Pop it in go to greyscale, windows, do your calibration. Then go to color, window do your calibrations.

Daniel

You make it sound do easy. Time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts