AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a Samsung plasma PN58A650 and a Motorola DCT3416. I have the HDMI cable going directly to the HDMI port on the TV and the optical cable from the TV to the amp. Everything else in my setup converts HDMI through the amp and works seemlessly.

I have been seeing some blips and digital blocks from the DVR and generally I thought that was due to heat. I have my DVR being cooled from above by a coolerguys fan so I don't think that should be a problem. I have also switched HDMI cables and so forth to rule out any other issues.

I see some of these blips and audio dropouts at least 3-5 times per night. It is only for a second here or there and not really annoying, however, I remember the days of component cables and I never saw any of this.

I went into the DVR setup menu the other day and had a question about RGB and YCC 4:4:4. For my TV is the correct setting RGB? I have read the Wiki on this DVR and I can't make any sense of it. The picture looks identical either way.

Is there anything else I should check out or should I just try to live with it. Perhaps go up to my Cable pprovider and get a new box?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.