AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun I set up my desktop using an old LCD TV that I had. With my ATI 9000 and powerstrip I set the LCD screen to 300x400 and running my projector at 1024 x 768. I think that I could take the TV apart and use it in place of the other displays that I have been looking at to install in my HTPC that I am planing out.

I would like to know what any of you thought about this or any suggestion's or comments you might have?

http://penname.netfirms.com/LCD-007.jpg

-----

Mark

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had a quick try at this too. I wanted to use the LCD TV instead of a plain text LCD or VFD. Even with the crappy resolution of the LCD TV, displaying a large coloured font still looks better than low-res monochrome LCD.

I connected the LCD TV to the composite out. The problem was with the 7200's hyper-view software; I could only have a duplicate image, or a spanned image.

In either case, the resolution of both displays was limited to that of the LCD TV. Either both ran at 800x600, or less, or both ran with a 600 lines, spanned across.

What I really need is a totally separate display. Then I can write the software myself to pop a window up in the right place and display stuff.

Anyone know if this can be done with the 7200 (actually, I have a 9700 now)? Do I need a separate card? A PCI card with TV-Out?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HK-Steve

I have LCD connected to the composite out on the 9000. 300x400 was the best looking for the small screen so I needed to use powerstrip.

FrankT

I am using CATALYST 2.5 and I am running the DVD picture on my Monitor and the start and stuff on the LCD screen, I can run what ever resolution I want on the monitor and leave to LCD at its 300x400. I think you woiuld have any problems doing what you wanted to do.
http://penname.netfirms.com/LCD_mon.jpg

-----

Mark

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Look at a Virgin Webplayer.... You can hack one up for less than $100 (mine was $65 and a old 2GB laptop HD in my parts drawer)... Silver and black, SVGA, IR RX and Keyboard... Super cool secondary screen...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.