AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LCD projectors. I'm confused. I have an AE100 which I have been running ceiling mounted. Last summer I noticed some weird tinting in the corners. It was possibly worse in the summer, and it did improve later. I bought an L200. I had thought I had some colour tinting problems with the AE100. I popped it open and took a look at the blue polarizer. It looks rosy compared to the other polarizers and also compared to the L200's blue polarizer. The AE100 has 420 hours and the L200 has about 104 hours. I even swapped the blue polarizer from the L200 into the AE100 to see if it would make a difference. Trouble is, now I don't even think I can see any tinting at all. Maybe its just been the lcd mis-convergence in the corners. I watched the AE100 with the L200's blue polarizer and then with its own polarizer and I can't tell the difference. I am watching tabletop instead of ceiling mounted right now though. I wonder if that makes a difference. Switching ceilling to desk makes no difference to the image, but maybe being ceiling mounted had some other affect since the PJ is upside down?

Right now I'm confused. I am selling the AE100 and I am being honest that it has (had?) tinted corners in low light, but now I can't see them anymore. Frustrating. I can only see that the 200 may have slightly better contrast, but other than that, they look the same now.

I notice that both projector have misconvergence in the corners, in terms of the pixels. You see each lcd colour bleeding a bit. Is that what is causing the ever so subtle colour effect in the corners? Am I being too picky? Why does the affect come and go? What causes it?

Is there a corrolation between ceiling mounting and colour uniformity problems? Is it a heat related problem or UV problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.