AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what happened to the image on my Sony vw10 after putting in the 3rd lamp. This projecter has performed great for several years and several lamps and now this. Any ideas what the problem can be?

See attached image describing problem. From computer which makes the problem even more evident.

Coloured stripes in green blue and red across the screen.

I know it is time to buy a newer PJ but I still want this to work as it should.

Appreciate all thoughts / Yossy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add that the "lens" (no real lens but a square piece letting through the light from the lamp and I guess ceiling off the other areas in the projector that are sensitive to dust) just next to the lamp dropped out of its place when I removed the lamp. When I looked at it closer it had a smaller part of it tainted with a light burn mark probably from when the lamp broke. I actuall run the lamp this time until it broke. I cleaned the "lens" as good as possible but it still had some misscolouration, and put it back, and then installed the new lamp.

Could this have anything to do with the problem I have? The damage on the "lens" is circular like a blob and does not resemble the horizontal stripe I see on the screen.

/Yossy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.