I did mention in the original post the i1d3 was using turbo settings, and in the post you quoted I said the settings were tweaked, but I can see how that could have been misinterpreted. To be honest, there isn't too much to share on this front as it would take experimentation per individual setup to find the optimal settings. It is just a case of adjusting the combination of Integration, Intelligent Integration and Extra delay until you get fast, repeatable measurements with no misreads. It can also differ depending on TPG too, and how that TPG is setup (direct connection vs network connection). I just set everything to minimum (for speed) and run a few small cube patch sequences, like a 5/6 point cube, check for mis reads and then raise whatever setting needs adjusting based on that.got ya. in ur post it sounded like the offset variant was the reason, while the only reason the i1D3 would ever come closer to the K probes is ur custom settings.
so what are those settings ? can u share ? (no worries if not)
I have personally run the same tests multiple times to ensure it is 100% repeatable so as not to post misinformation. The results of the match compared over 1000 points to a Spectro did look "too good to be true" so I wanted to check it wasn't a fluke.do u happen to have stats that show the improved performance directly compared to a K probe ? (if u can share)
On average, the i1d3 takes 20 minutes to complete a 1000 point profile (Black patch Stabilisation set at 0.1)
With standard i1d3 settings, it takes 30+ minutes. The Klein can take between 15- 20 minutes depending on whether you have Avg Low Light disabled/enabled. My point was, the i1d3 can be significantly sped up to be comparable to Klein, and with the new Probe Match function, it is also significantly more accurate overall. The new probe match benefits i1d3 users more than Klein users because the Klein is already fast and is already very accurate when using FCMM.
This is Jeti vs i1d3 FCVM over the same 1000 point profile, but with patches below approximately 3 nits removed. It took the i1d3 less than 15 minutes to read 942 patches