AVS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1380 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thank you for your kind words, but I do not accept full credit for anything I have done when trying to help others. Much of what has been done (the guides, the Excel I have gifted) has been inspired by some very good friends I have made within this community.

Most notably @BlackJoker @ebr9999 @sat4all @bobof, and especially @Anger.miki and of course @ConnecTEDDD (a few others that do not have AVSForum accounts).

These guys deserve as much, if not more credit than I ever will. I am just happy to have been able to become friends with such great people!!
Thanks Leon I'm very happy to be part of this unique group that we have. I'm also very happy to call you guys friends. Stay safe everyone

·
Registered
490 Posts
About re-measuring / inserting new measurements in a profile or a characterization

If you have a measurement set saved with "probe matching active", when you open it again for re-measurements or adding some patches measurements, be aware that you are corrupting it.

The reason is quite simple: when you re-open your measurement set, "probe matching active" is unflagged. But for doing consistently new measurements you need to flag "probe matching active", that operation will correct again your measurement set :eek:.

How to solve:
  1. You should save a uncorrected copy of your measurement set.
  2. If it is for only for verification (i.e. re-measurement), you can open a new instance of CS for doing the measurements, by copying to it the RGB levels you are interested to verify.
  3. If you don't have a uncorrected copy, and you are not using volumetric correction, it appears you can still generate an uncorrected file by exchanging Active with Reference Probe.
    PS: I have checked that on various file, getting perfect XYZ identity. I don't know the math of the correction method used by @Light Illusion for CS, so I cannot give that for granted. If it were FCMM, I could, but it is not the case. What I can give for granted is that in case of volumetric correction it does not work.
Anyhow some overhead in you work, as this use case looks quite rare.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The Active/reference probe inversion works. You can open an already corrected profile (BCS), invert reference with active and save the "new" uncorrected profile to use it for any further measurements.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,305
Happy new year.

The Light Illusion has changed the way of software downloads.

It's been introduced a 'User Registration' system on the website, so all users that have purchased licenses can simply log-in at any time and download the latest version of their purchased software.

About New Registration or Login of registered users, click to Sign-in:

To Register for Software Download access, use the Request Registration option within the Sign In page:

All customers will need to register.

After initial registration, they will then have their access permissions elevated to enable the direct download of the most recent versions of their specific software(s).

While LightIllusion is processing your registration details, the download links will be disabled.

After receiving an email notification that your account is ready, please log-out and log-in again; the download links will be available.

Using that new download method, users will able to get faster any software they have purchased.

ColourSpace ZRO, as although the ZRO license is free, will not be openly available to all.

All users interested in ColourSpace ZRO will need to fill in an 'Access Request' form, and their request will be assessed for acceptance or not.

When an Access-Request is successful, the user will be provided an individual ZRO license, valid for 365 days, after which a new license request will need to be made.

The user will also need to register with the website.

After initial registration, they will then have their access permissions elevated to enable a direct download of the most recent version of ColourSpace ZRO.

(Note: ColourSpace ZRO is a totally different build to the main ColourSpace program, and the two are not interchangeable.)

Non-software General Downloads will remain as they presently are.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Doesn't appear to be "live" yet. I'll wait...
I just tested it and it worked fine for me. You may just have to wait for your account to be verified and elevated for software download approval after you've signed up?? (I was sneaky and registered ahead of time ;) )

I have to say it is a much nicer way to handle software downloads.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,308

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Likewise for me, I'm still seeing "Only customers with validated ColourSpace accounts can access this download". I've refreshed several times.

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
I just tested it and it worked fine for me. You may just have to wait for your account to be verified and elevated for software download approval after you've signed up?? (I was sneaky and registered ahead of time ;) )

I have to say it is a much nicer way to handle software downloads.
I don't have the red sign up button at all, only the blue "View Cart" one. I can't sign up. I have tried 3 different browsers: Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer. The same thing happens with each.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,313
I don't have the red sign up button at all, only the blue "View Cart" one. I can't sign up. I have tried 3 different browsers: Chrome, Edge, and Internet Explorer. The same thing happens with each.
The Sign-In Button appear only on the Software Download page: Light Illusion

·
Registered
17 Posts
All works for me, thanks all. A really efficient option.

Having recently purchased an HTL license, and Teds PGenerator, I think I am all installed, setup and ready to go. Whilst I wait for the 3.21.09 firmware to hit the UK I will read all of of the helpful guides Ted linked me to several weeks ago before I attempt my first Calibration on my CX77. Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,317 (Edited)
Aha. Thanks for that, Ted. I'm running the most current versions of LS and CS so I hadn't used the Downloads page in a while. I'm signed up now and ready to go.
The first step is from the user side, to submit and then activate his account.

The second step is from LightIllusion to check which products you have purchased and then enable only the download links for your products.

After that process (from the LightIllusion side), the account will be updated.

It will require you to sign-out, and then sign-in again to see if LightIllusion has updated your account.

So try to sign-in / sign-out after some hours.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,318
Nice to see you here on the first day of the new year, Ted. This is a much nicer system to get software updates than before.
Yes, it's much better to use the new download method since it will not require to re-enter all customer details to download a new software release.

Also, you will able to see the date of the latest released version available for download.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
It will require you to sign-out, and then sign-in again to see if LightIllusion has updated your account.

So try to sign-in / sign-out after some hours.
That was the part I needed. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Both CS and LS are now available for me to download. Looks like I'm good!

1301 - 1320 of 1380 Posts