AVS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1380 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
So I tried signing up for software section which I was able to do, but the sign up did not save my password into my vault. I tried using lost password to make a new one that I could manually put into the vault, but the submit button doesn't work. It won't let me proceed from there. I can't get into the site because I don't know the password used.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still extremely happy with the results I got on my C9. I used an i1 Display Pro for the calibration and created a profile using a lower end ColourMunki Studio (the only Spectro I was able to rent here in Sweden). Calibrated the SM menu to D65 and the 3D LUT is also targeting D65.

If I would like to target an AWP do I need to re-do the SM calibration or is it possible to "quick and dirty" create a new 3D LUT within CS and get decent results? I can't really say that I notice much of a pink or cyan tint but it's always fun to tinker :)

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,324
So I tried signing up for software section which I was able to do, but the sign up did not save my password into my vault. I tried using lost password to make a new one that I could manually put into the vault, but the submit button doesn't work. It won't let me proceed from there. I can't get into the site because I don't know the password used.
Hi,

Contact LightIllusion to delete your account entry.

Then you will be able to create a new account with the same username.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,325
Still extremely happy with the results I got on my C9. I used an i1 Display Pro for the calibration and created a profile using a lower end ColourMunki Studio (the only Spectro I was able to rent here in Sweden). Calibrated the SM menu to D65 and the 3D LUT is also targeting D65.

If I would like to target an AWP do I need to re-do the SM calibration or is it possible to "quick and dirty" create a new 3D LUT within CS and get decent results? I can't really say that I notice much of a pink or cyan tint but it's always fun to tinker :)
Hi,

You can create a new colorspace using a different White Point.

Go to Space Management.

Select REC.709 from the Colour Spaces (preset).

Click to modify and change the White xy coordinates (or gamma).

Change the colorspace name and save.

Now use that new colorspace during your LUT Generation as 'Source Gamut (Profile); instead, the regular REC.709 you were using.

Then select the same custom colorspace as

You can test to see how the new custom colorspace as 'Target Gamut' for your charts to be populated based on that new colorspace.

You can perform that test without taking new measurements, just to see how it looks.

But you will see a change (reduction) to your peak output since ColourSpace will have to adjust the color luminance channels to calibrate based on your new white point.

It has to do about how different will be the luminance ratio of D65 versus the new custom WP you used.

Ideally, for not impacting your peak output, next time you will profile your LG, perform the pre-calibration using the custom White Point, so you will not have any peak output reduction to your verification.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,326
It was a bug to the website; now it's fixed, so that you can change your password.

·
Hello, World!
2,460 Posts
Just signed in at LightIllusion. A shame I had to find out about the requirement here - why no LightIllusion mailshot to existing users?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Just signed in at LightIllusion. A shame I had to find out about the requirement here - why no LightIllusion mailshot to existing users?
It was announced in advance on our Forum:

And we decided that as the change is not critical, it was not worth annoying people with a mass-email.
Users will see the Sign-Up capability when they need it, as they will obviously go to the website for downloads, etc.

It is not something everyone has to do immediately, and when a new ColourSpace Beta Release is made available (which will probably be the last Beta) an email will be sent to all then, as normal.

I also do not used these (or any other) forums that much, as we have our own forum that we keep up-to-date, as well as the website itself. It is always best to use our forums, or email me directly (or use the Contact form on the website), for any contact, questions, or info requests.

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
Does anyone have a guess whether Colourspace will be able to load a 3D LUT into the new Sony A90J. That device was just announced, it will have the higher brightness, heat managed LG panel.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,331
Does anyone have a guess whether Colourspace will be able to load a 3D LUT into the new Sony A90J. That device was just announced, it will have the higher brightness, heat managed LG panel.
Hi Leroy,

Sony has never released the last 20 years at any market (including broadcast, where there no limit about retail pricing) any display/monitor/projector with internal 3D LUT.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yes Ted, thanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought. Disappointed. Too bad. It may have been a purchase of mine in the coming year. Maybe LG will introduce a TV with the better panel this year.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes Ted, thanks for the quick reply. That is what I thought. Disappointed. Too bad. It may have been a purchase of mine in the coming year. Maybe LG will introduce a TV with the better panel this year.
Rumor has it that LG will release a 1000nits Oled TV panel...
BTW, Sony and LG Electronics both buy their panels from LG Display.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ted,

Would I be assuming correctly that once CS hits GA, those of us who purchased the Calman Enthusiast "Special" should see the download link activate for us or is there something I need to do in advance (proof of purchase for example)? Just checking for the GA, I don't have time to provide useful feedback for betas.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey Folks,

I am planning on formatting my computer, is there any procedures I should take with Colorspace before I do this. I have my data backed up so it's more on the licence side I am concerned about.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,336
Ted,

Would I be assuming correctly that once CS hits GA, those of us who purchased the Calman Enthusiast "Special" should see the download link activate for us or is there something I need to do in advance (proof of purchase for example)? Just checking for the GA, I don't have time to provide useful feedback for betas.

Thanks,
Dan
Hi Dan,

If your invoice has a ColourSpace license key, I will update this thread for the release.

However, create an account to be able to download any software you have purchased.

If your invoice doesn't have a license key for ColorSpace (but you have purchased the upgrade or have a free upgrade if you bought LightSpace in 2019), then contact LI to update your invoice and add a ColourSpace key.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,337
Hey Folks,

I am planning on formatting my computer, is there any procedures I should take with Colorspace before I do this. I have my data backed up so it's more on the licence side I am concerned about.

Thanks
Jim
Hi Jim,

Use Help -> License to de-activate the current PC before formating.

Backup the colorspace/profile/meter profiling files:

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\ColourSpace

Config.INI stores the interface/settings.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,339
Rumor has it that LG will release a 1000nits Oled TV panel...
BTW, Sony and LG Electronics both buy their panels from LG Display.

It reminds me:

But we care about having more nits after calibration, not uncalibrated/dynamic.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,340
I came from another calibration software specific to LG (you know the one) and was disappointed with the results. When I saw Ted's demonstrations of the LUTs created by it (Pizza Hut logo LOL) I decided to purchase CS and give it a go. With plenty of patience on Ted's part on account of this newb he was eventually able to help me get to ALL GREEN! Thank you @ConnecTEDDD for all your help!

Thanks also to @liberator72, @Anger.miki, biasi, and @Light Illusion for all your guys' work to get me to a reference quality calibration!! I'm sure there's more people to thank but I'm a newbie to this calibration stuff so forgive me if I don't know everybody that has contributed.

View attachment 3054257
We have seen Pizza Hut shape and SharkFins (1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5) so far generated from CalMAN.

However, I have received today from a CalMAN Home for LG user a very strange LUT.

I can't describe the shape of that 3D LUT; it's complex.

It looks like an old MS Windows Logo, but it has a strange Christian religion cross symbol internally, a LUT with some spooky meanings.

The cross is clearly visible only from one side of the 3D LUT Viewer, creepy results for sure.

1321 - 1340 of 1380 Posts