AVS Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1639 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am trying to calibrate my LG CX 48 with ColourSpace. I did the SM 2 point white balance and I hit ~123 nits on 255 255 255 white (OLED Light = 29 fo my 48” TV). The issue I am having is that my graphs are all messed up as shown in the picture below after running Primary Only in Characterisation (following the LG guide). The hardware I am using is: i1D3 Plus, i1Pro2, and RPi PGen. How can I adjust the graph so that it can correctly display or what am I doing wrong? I cannot read the graphs and make sure that my RGB Separation is correct. Thank you.

I also noticed an issue when adding the following Windows Features called Virtual Machine Platform (this is used to install Ubuntu from Windows Store). I had to disable this feature in order for the program not to think my Windows 10 laptop was a virtual machine. When I had that enabled it said my laptop was a virtual machine and I couldn't activate my ColourSpace. Once I disabled it, I was able to re-activate on my laptop. Seems like a bug to me.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,602
At last. I thought I was going mad - no change there!
I have been using Master/Servant remote control to perform volumetric probe matching between my i1Pro3 and i1Display - but ever since the Patch Scale changes in ColourSpace I get screwed results - for the Servant measurements - such that I have kept a copy of the CS version just before the changes and continued to use it instead. I assumed because no one else mentioned an issue, it must be me - but this latest BETA release may be just what I was waiting for.
Thanks Ted & Steve - I'll install the new version, and run some checks tonight.
Regards, Mike.
Hi Mike,

All good now?

When something is wrong, and you can reproduce the issue, please send all the steps to LightIllussion g to able to reproduce the band try to find out what is wrong.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,603
I am trying to calibrate my LG CX 48 with ColourSpace. I did the SM 2 point white balance and I hit ~123 nits on 255 255 255 white (OLED Light = 29 fo my 48” TV). The issue I am having is that my graphs are all messed up as shown in the picture below after running Primary Only in Characterisation (following the LG guide). The hardware I am using is: i1D3 Plus, i1Pro2, and RPi PGen. How can I adjust the graph so that it can correctly display or what am I doing wrong? I cannot read the graphs and make sure that my RGB Separation is correct. Thank you.

I also noticed an issue when adding the following Windows Features called Virtual Machine Platform (this is used to install Ubuntu from Windows Store). I had to disable this feature in order for the program not to think my Windows 10 laptop was a virtual machine. When I had that enabled it said my laptop was a virtual machine and I couldn't activate my ColourSpace. Once I disabled it, I was able to re-activate on my laptop. Seems like a bug to me.

View attachment 3116664
View attachment 3116653
View attachment 3116654
Hi,

According to your graphs plotting, it looks like a patchscale mismatch.

Select Patchscale Extended.

About the drop in the RGB separation to one of your charts looks like a patch generation sync error.

Do you use a 0.5-sec extra delay and Direct LAN connection with your PGenerator?

If you like, send me screen captures of your:

Settings, Probe Options, Hardware, Graphs, and the Quick Profile measurement file (not the PDF), to take a look.

Inform me also which ColourSpace Beta and which version of the LG Guides you are using.

About Virtual Machine, you can ask for a VM license:

here: VM License Request

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi,

According to your graphs plotting, it looks like a patchscale mismatch.

Select Patchscale Extended.

About the drop in the RGB separation to one of your charts looks like a patch generation sync error.

Do you use a 0.5-sec extra delay and Direct LAN connection with your PGenerator?

If you like, send me screen captures of your:

Settings, Probe Options, Hardware, Graphs, and the Quick Profile measurement file (not the PDF), to take a look.

Inform me also which ColourSpace Beta and which version of the LG Guides you are using.

About Virtual Machine, you can ask for a VM license:

here: VM License Request
Hi Ted. I will get that info for you.

Regarding the VM issue, my program is running on my Windows 10 laptop and not on a VM. I needed to enable that Windows feature in order to install Ubuntu from Windows store. That caused the ColourSpace activation to think that it was running on a VM when it wasn’t.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,605
Hi Ted. I will get that info for you.

Regarding the VM issue, my program is running on my Windows 10 laptop and not on a VM. I needed to enable that Windows feature in order to install Ubuntu from Windows store. That caused the ColourSpace activation to think that it was running on a VM when it wasn’t.
Hi,

Due to some changes to the latest beta, the plotting of 109% White will be displayed out of the chart grid when Extended patchscale is used.

It will be released a newer beta which will add new capabilities, and it will fix 109% plotting.

But send me your measurement file to see if the plotting is OK.

About the VM license, you can ask to enable VM to your license, so you will not have any problem.

(Click to the Windows Virtual Machine link)

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,606

·
Registered
16 Posts
Recently had a similar issue while learning the basics with almost identical gear, and in my case it turned out I was connecting to the LG's internal patch generator, which has very unstable timings.
So IF we are having the same problem, you might notice ColourSpace reading the black insert frames from time to time ("stabilization patches"), and that is producing those dips.
Are you connecting to the Network Server when controlling LG template from the Device Control, or you see the correct IP of the PGen in the ColourSpace network server list of connected clients?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks familiar.
Done calibration (~4500p] at yesterday with latest beta.
Is problem only at graph so I didn´t wasted hours?
All settings are from Leons guide.
With my "Shark Fin 77C9" at this time I tried color 60 which gave best RGB separation with quick profile, however 3D LUT blue corner looks like before so didn´t affect that.
1617040360870.png

1617042670744.png

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Looks familiar.
Done calibration (~4500p] at yesterday with latest beta.
Is problem only at graph so I didn´t wasted hours?
All settings are from Leons guide.
With my "Shark Fin 77C9" at this time I tried color 60 which gave best RGB separation with quick profile, however LUT blue corner looks like before so didn´t affect that.
View attachment 3116831
It is the graph currently displaying incorrectly.

Reactions: Make73

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
It is the graph currently displaying incorrectly.
However, I also discovered that auto luma didn’t pick up level 255 as the white luminance target - it used the level 235 measured luminance.

As I don’t have an LG and don’t do 3D LUT, I’m not sure if this is only an issue with manual calibration.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
However, I also discovered that auto luma didn’t pick up level 255 as the white luminance target - it used the level 235 measured luminance.

As I don’t have an LG and don’t do 3D LUT, I’m not sure if this is only an issue with manual calibration.
It is the same for Characterisation, it does not register Auto Luma in the graphs during measurements, but does seem to pick it up when loading a saved profile (not possible with ZRO). Other graphs do not plot correctly either, such as the Gamut Triangle Level in Graph Options.

Hopefully it will all be fixed in the next release.

Reactions: tsanga

·
Registered
6 Posts
I followed the SDR calibration guide to profile my LG CX in isf Dark to 101 nits and then use the verification sequences. There were a few errors but it was my first attempt and the picture looks excellent to my eyes so am very happy with the results.

I then decided to do the exact same process for isf Bright to around 200 nits but when I ran the verification, the CIE diagram started plotting errors > 5 delta-E. But now I think about it, it must have been the auto luma using the wrong value. The picture looks like a brighter version of isf Dark (as expected) but I should have done it with 2.2 gamma so will have another go.

For the DV 22-point WB adjustments, should I adjust all 3 colours or leave one of them at 0? Since there is no luminance value when adjusting WB adjustment for DV.

Thanks Liberator72, for the guides and to Ted for helping me get things set up.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
But now I think about it, it must have been the auto luma using the wrong value.
This is possible. If you save the profile and reload it then the luma should update

The picture looks like a brighter version of isf Dark (as expected) but I should have done it with 2.2 gamma so will have another go.
You shouldn’t need to reprofile, just regenerate the LUT with the new gamma value (2.2) from the existing bright room (200 nits) profile and upload it.

For the DV 22-point WB adjustments, should I adjust all 3 colours or leave one of them at 0? Since there is no luminance value when adjusting WB adjustment for DV.
Adjust all 3 (RGB) values in the 22 point controls as required to track 2.2 gamma.

You will find you need to raise RGB in some areas, and lower it in others. This is normal and expected.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You shouldn’t need to reprofile, just regenerate the LUT with the new gamma value (2.2) from the existing bright room (200 nits) profile and upload it.
Hey, I did a calibration yesterday and wanted to regenerate LUT with new gamma value 2.2, so I went to Space Management, clicked modify on rec709 and inserted EOTF 2.2.

Next, I loaded the dcl file generated after calibration and clicked display . Above rec709 was selected and then I chose "Destination - gamut profile" : REC709 gamma 2.2

gave a new lut name in output , chose peak chroma and created a new LUT.
Next I opened device control, selected enable calibration and chose ISF BRIGHT and loaded the new gamma 2.2 lut .

Afterwards I tried watching Netflix to see the changes it made to ISF BRIGHT but it looked over saturated as if it was using Wide without the fixes....

I tried also ''apply to existing lut'' instead of creating new one and loaded it via DeviceControl but when I switch between ISF bright and ISF Night, the letter looks brighter ( shadow details) and ISF Bright looks like it is still on gamma 2.4 ... (of course I set gamma 2.2 in picture settings ).

Maybe in device control, I need to do reset 3dlut prior to uploading it?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Hey, I did a calibration yesterday and wanted to regenerate LUT with new gamma value 2.2, so I went to Space Management, clicked modify on rec709 and inserted EOTF 2.2.

Next, I loaded the dcl file generated after calibration and clicked display . Above rec709 was selected and then I chose "Destination - gamut profile" : REC709 gamma 2.2

gave a new lut name in output , chose peak chroma and created a new LUT.
Next I opened device control, selected enable calibration and chose ISF BRIGHT and loaded the new gamma 2.2 lut .

Afterwards I tried watching Netflix to see the changes it made to ISF BRIGHT but it looked over saturated as if it was using Wide without the fixes....

I tried also ''apply to existing lut'' instead of creating new one and loaded it via DeviceControl but when I switch between ISF bright and ISF Night, the letter looks brighter ( shadow details) and ISF Bright looks like it is still on gamma 2.4 ... (of course I set gamma 2.2 in picture settings ).

Maybe in device control, I need to do reset 3dlut prior to uploading it?
This is the wrong procedure.

You don’t import/modify an existing LUT,you generate a new one from the existing display profile.

Select the new target colour space/gamut you created (Rec709 2.2 Gamma) as your “Source” and the existing profile you want to generate the LUT from as your “Destination”. That’s all there is to it.

Reactions: Rolls-Royce

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is the wrong procedure.

You don’t import/modify an existing LUT,you generate a new one from the existing display profile.

Select the new target colour space/gamut you created (Rec709 2.2 Gamma) as your “Source” and the existing profile you want to generate the LUT from as your “Destination”. That’s all there is to it.
Thanks! This works. Now it looks correct and great :)

Reactions: prsut

·
Registered
218 Posts
My Results. Thanks miki for the nice graph and of course TED and others for the instruction.
Will do better next time :) but the picture itself is awesome

DOLBY VISION

1601 - 1620 of 1639 Posts