AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 122 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,112 Posts
Is ColorSpace ZRO limited to just the spectros listed in the first post?

LightSpace ZRO could use all the spectros.

Asking because I have access to a Jeti 1501 for a few months and would like to do probe matching with it.

I guess I can stick to LightSpace ZRO.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The one significant difference between LightSpace ZRO and ColourSpace ZRO is that the former allowed you to use any meter compatible with the software with no restrictions, whereas with the later it is now restricted to consumer level probes (X-Rite, Spyder). But this is (IMO) a totally realistic restriction to have in place for a completely free piece of software.

Edit: Posted at the same time as @dwaleke question, but the answer is just as relevant.

You should be able to create the probe match BPD files within LightSpace ZRO and import them into ColourSpace

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
Oops! It's been quite a while since I used LS, and I use a paid license of CS. I have amended my post on the previous page...

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
While ColourSpace ZRO is limited to working with the probes Leon has listed, you can manually edit in any probe readings for Probe Matching, using the manufacturer's provided software to take the readings for example.

Just put-up the 4 RGBW patches via ColourSpace ZRO, and 'record' the measurement data via any 3rd party software, and edit into the ColourSpace ZRO probe matching window.

Steve

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a problem with patch generation. I connected Colourspace ZRO to Pgenerator. Patch Scale 16-235. RGB Full on RPI. Black is set on low on my LG CX. If I apply a 16,16,16 patch I get a slight grey, as if there would be level mismatch. If I connect HCFR with same settings is working fine and 16,16,16 is black. Is there some other setting for colourspace or could be a big?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You don’t need to send a 16.16.16 patch for black with Patch Scale 16-235. You send a 0.0.0 patch for black and the software scales it to 16.16.16 for you. That’s the entire point of setting Patch Scale at 16-235 in the first place.

Reactions: Rolls-Royce

·
Registered
27 Posts
You don’t need to send a 16.16.16 patch for black with Patch Scale 16-235. You send a 0.0.0 patch for black and the software scales it to 16.16.16 for you. That’s the entire point of setting Patch Scale at 16-235 in the first place.
Got it, thanks

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Are the custom patchlists available also for users of Ted’s disk, Pgenerator edition? I would like to run the primary only patchset, so that I can check the rgb separation, but it seems that the cube modifications are only available to colourspace full edition users.

when I am sending the triplets with Pgenerator, clicking on the ‘show patch’ button shows the patch on the laptop monitor, but doesn’t turn on or off the patch on the screen connected to Pgenerator. Is there another function to turn on-off the patch on the connected screen? I ask because after I do the readings, the only way I found to have a black screen is to manually set the rgb sliders to 0,0,0. I would find useful to have a ‘send black signal’ button.

did you think about providing a fully functional trial version of colourspace ? I think that may convince many people to buy it even for a simple home use.
Hi,

The custom patchlists of Ted's Disk for Colorspace are available to any user with Ted's Disk (PGen Edition, Media Files, Blu-Ray ISO, Blu-Ray Disk).

Please send me an email to get the download link.

About 'Profile of Primary only', you can download and import that Profile of Primary patchset.

ColourSpace HTL is a dedicated version for Home Users, and it will support LG OLEDs (2017,2018,2019,2020), madVR, ENVY, eeColor, Lumagen processors.

LG's 2017 can get internal 3D LUT for 17-Point Cube SDR, using a special Technicolor FW.

Users can contact me directly for more info.

Which feature do you want to test which is not available to ColourSpaceZRO?

About your PGenerator, please see the PGenerator thread about how to connect PGenerator with ColourSpace.

Look at the Hardware Options screen of ColourSpace.

When a PGenerator is connected, you will see its IP available on the Connected Clients screen.

When you see your PGenerator IP as connected, then selected Calibration Patches -> Automatic.

If you don't see your IP there, then look at your firewall settings and allow access to ColourSpace to your network to see the PGenerator.

Its available button to inject a black patch to Ted's Template:

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have a problem with patch generation. I connected Colourspace ZRO to Pgenerator. Patch Scale 16-235. RGB Full on RPI. Black is set on low on my LG CX. If I apply a 16,16,16 patch I get a slight grey, as if there would be level mismatch. If I connect HCFR with same settings is working fine and 16,16,16 is black. Is there some other setting for colourspace or could be a big?
Hi,

About manual calibration of consumer TV, set PGenerator from its settings at DeviceControl to output RGB-Full.

From ColourSpace, set patchscale 16-235, and you will able to generate 0%-100% patches.

If you load my calibration disk patchlists, all patchlist work in that level (0-100%), so you will have buttons to generate or select each patch for any measurement run.

The patch scale setting works as a software offset to the patch generator output.

For example, when you have a Lumagen processor, Murideo Six-G, Accupel, DVDO, and you want to generate YCbCr patches, then set to each hardware the YCbCr 422 or 444 colorspace output and set patchscale 0-255.

The values of patchscale 0-255 its the bypass setting, so ColourSpace will not alter the hardware generator output via an offset, and It means that the generator will generate 16-235 YCbCr.

The 255.255.225 selection of ColourSpace sliders will generate 235.235.235 YCbCr, and 0.0.0 will generate 16.16.16 YCbCr.

When you have a Murideo or PGenerator and want to generate for LG internal 3D LUT RGB 16-255, then you set PGenerator or Murideo to output RGB-PC/RGB-Full and then set patchscale 16-255.

The 255.255.225 selection of ColourSpace sliders will generate 255.255.255 RGB, and 0.0.0 will generate 16.16.16 RGB.

When you have a Murideo and want to generate for TV manual calibration RGB 16-235, then you set Murideo output to RGB-Video and patchscale 0-255. (or RGB-PC and patchscale 16-235...it will have the same results)

The 255.255.225 selection of ColourSpace sliders will generate 235.235.235 RGB, and 0.0.0 will generate 16.16.16 RGB.

When you have a PGenerator and want to generate for TV manual calibration RGB 16-235, then you set PGenerator output to RGB-Full and patchscale 16-235.

The 255.255.225 selection of ColourSpace sliders will generate 235.235.235 RGB, and 0.0.0 will generate 16.16.16 RGB.

PGenerator is bit-perfect only with RGB-Full colorspace output; it's the reason we don't suggest to the users to use RGB-Limited or YCbCr output, but we use patchscale settings to control which level of patterns to generate.

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Is ColorSpace ZRO limited to just the spectros listed in the first post?

LightSpace ZRO could use all the spectros.

Asking because I have access to a Jeti 1501 for a few months and would like to do probe matching with it.

I guess I can stick to LightSpace ZRO.
Hi,

You can download LightSpace ZRO and use JETI from there.

Take the measurements for meter profiling from LightSpace for each meter.

Export these two probe data files from LightSpace to your desktop.

Use ColorSpace -> Probe Options -> Configure -> Import these two prove data files.

Select as Active Probe the Colorimeter file and as Reference Probe the Spectro file.

Then go to Graph Options and tick 'Probe Matching Active'.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi,

The custom patchlists of Ted's Disk for Colorspace are available to any user with Ted's Disk (PGen Edition, Media Files, Blu-Ray ISO, Blu-Ray Disk).

Please send me an email to get the download link.

About 'Profile of Primary only', you can download and import that Profile of Primary patchset.

ColourSpace HTL is a dedicated version for Home Users, and it will support LG OLEDs (2017,2018,2019,2020), madVR, ENVY, eeColor, Lumagen processors.

LG's 2017 can get internal 3D LUT for 17-Point Cube SDR, using a special Technicolor FW.

Users can contact me directly for more info.

Which feature do you want to test which is not available to ColourSpaceZRO?

About your PGenerator, please see the PGenerator thread about how to connect PGenerator with ColourSpace.

Look at the Hardware Options screen of ColourSpace.

When a PGenerator is connected, you will see its IP available on the Connected Clients screen.

When you see your PGenerator IP as connected, then selected Calibration Patches -> Automatic.

If you don't see your IP there, then look at your firewall settings and allow access to ColourSpace to your network to see the PGenerator.

Its available button to inject a black patch to Ted's Template:

Thanks, you have a private message.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Is anyone using this? I've been using HCFR, but curious to use something more "polished."

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
ColourSpace ZRO is now available on wide release.

Please use the Access Form on the ColourSpace ZRO page of the website to apply for access.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Is anyone using this? I've been using HCFR, but curious to use something more "polished."

Thanks,
Brian
If you’re familiar with HCFR you may find this short guide useful for “transitioning” to ZRO:
It took me a while to figure out how to do equivalent tasks, even with the online Help. Hopefully this guide makes it easier.

·
Registered
344 Posts
ColourSpace ZRO is now available on wide release.

Please use the Access Form on the ColourSpace ZRO page of the website to apply for access.

Just signed up after seeing this on the Pgenerator thread - Got asked for more details - I almost feel like i'm applying for a job when i just wanted to see how it compared with HCFR!

Will see if I'm over qualified amateur :D

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Just signed up after seeing this on the Pgenerator thread - Got asked for more details - I almost feel like i'm applying for a job when i just wanted to see how it compared with HCFR!

Will see if I'm over qualified amateur :D
Hi,

LightIllusion is the only company selling calibration software that provides a free license level.

It's easy to use software and up-to-date guides to read about the features/functions/settings.

The license code is different per user, and it will require that procedure to get a free license.

HCFR is good software but discontinued. It has no up-to-date guide, no support from the developer, and it was the first option since now as free software.

ColourSpaceZRO now an alternative option where people can also find the LG WRGB OLED spectral correction table for i1Display PRO, and support for i1PRO3 Spectro.

i1PRO2 is EOL, and soon it will not be any available stock to retail stores.

The last manufactured batch of i1PRO2 was in July 2020.

OEM i1PRO2 is not available anymore, it's sold out.

i1PRO3 is not working for HCFR, so users who purchase i1PRO3 Spectro will have the option to try Colourspace ZRO as their first 'free' option.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
If I may...

We are being very carefully with the initial Access to ZRO, as we do not have the time, or resources, to provide user support (as the website and the 'Access' email states).
We are therefore not making Access available to all - at this time.
(And as the level of ZRO Access requests has already been huge, we will like freeze ZRO Access for a period of time, to allow wider experience to evolve within the existing user base.)

As the general level of user experience grows, and the ability of users to support users grows - as Ted and Dominic are already doing - we will be less 'demanding' with regard to the information we request when providing ZRO Access.

Steve

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ColourSpace ZRO Guides

ZRO Guide

Interactive Manual

General Guides (i1Display PRO etc.)

Video Guides

Meter Profiling

Note: ColourSpace uses a different/advanced meter profiling method to fix issues related to WRGB OLEDs of the regular meter profiling method or to any other non-additive device.

It's called ''4 Colour Volumetric Matching'' (FCVM).

That meter profiling method is not available in LightSpace.

LightSpace uses 4 Colour Matrix Method (FCMM).

ColourSpace ZRO is the only free software which is using a meter profiling method ideally for WRGB OLED panel-based displays.

It's available to ColourSpaceZRO and LG WRGB spectral correction table (based on LG 2018 Panel) for i1Display PRO users.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If I understand correctly, it is no longer possible to receive ColourSpace ZRO, since the mailing has been suspended for an unknown period of time?

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If I understand correctly, it is no longer possible to receive ColourSpace ZRO, since the mailing has been suspended for an unknown period of time?
Hi,

The user has to write a reason for asking for access to ColourSpaceZRO.

When users skip filling that description, they will not get any license.

LightIllusion can provide ZRO license codes for users, which really interesting to use ZRO since it will require a procedure to create a unique license code for each user.

Users have to read the whole webpage before submitting a request here.

21 - 40 of 122 Posts