AVS Forum banner
221 - 240 of 1,661 Posts
Discussion starter · #221 ·
Updated to 1.0.0.994 this morning to try to remedy an issue I was having with v949 last night. When choosing to do repeat measures on a single colored patch value from a Preset CSV, the color value changes after the first measure, and first "repeat". It either changes to another color in the CSV or to a gray scale patch with the associated values ( eg 180 180 180) I am using Ted's Patchsets posted in this thread for use with the versions >1.0.0.885.

This occurs both on the internal patch and via Pgenerator.
Hi,

Try to uninstall ColourSpaceZRO, then delete the config.ini from that hidden folder (there are stored all your custom settings, window position, backup it if required):

C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\ColourSpaceZRO

Re-install the latest ColourSpaceZRO and see if it's fixed.

Discussion starter · #222 ·
ColourSpaceZRO Beta 1.0.0.1025 (25 March 2021)

Release Notes

Fixed Remote Control Resolution & Patch Scale operation. (The Servant always uses the local Settings configuration)

Fixed issue with Slider Lock and patch Presets .csv lists.

Additional change to Slider operation when set to %.

Fixed error in FW Stabilisation patch size.

NOTE: New Download Instructions

Please read about the new download instructions here. (Please refresh your browser cache to see the new instructions)

Installation Notes

ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.

It will not require to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes

While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform them about the availability of a newer beta.

However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

Discussion starter · #225 ·
ColourSpaceZRO Beta 1.0.0.1046 (06 April 2021)

Release Notes

Re-enabled Presets patch sets updating selected patch with Auto Advance
Added first level changes for 109% Extended range operation
Extended Peak White set at 100%, not 109%, as shown in graphs

Please read about the new download instructions here.

Installation Notes

ColourSpace Installer will completely overwrite any previously installed version, not just update it.

It will not require to un-install older releases before installing a newer version.

Update Notes

While ColourSpace is working in beta, when the users will start ColourSpace, it will not pop-up notification to inform them about the availability of a newer beta.

However, I will update this thread but also refresh the form page with release notes text per each beta.

* IMPORTANT CHANGES ABOUT CUSTOM PATCHSETS / TARGET LUMA *

ColourSpace 1.0.0.1046 release has changed the way the Target Luma is working.

SMTPE Video Legal Levels Signal, in 8-bit values, has 16 as reference black (0%) and 235 as reference white (100% White); when you want to profile/calibrate for video levels, select LEGAL @ ColourSpace patchscale.

When custom patchsets are used, they have to contain 16-235 RGB triplet values.

SMTPE Extended Video Levels Signal, in 8-bit values, has 16 as reference black (0%), 235 as reference white (100% White), and 255 are Super White (109%); when you want to profile/calibrate for extended levels, select EXTENDED @ ColourSpace patchscale.

When users use custom patchsets, they have to contain 16-255 RGB triplet values.

LG OLED users for SDR profiling use EXTENDED patchscale for pre-calibration and profiling.

Sony TV users also use EXTENDED patchsets.

ColourSpace users familiar with LG OLED pre-calibration know that for SDR Reference (Night - 2.4 gamma) profiling, they will pre-calibrate 109% Super White (255.255.255) for 124 nits, to get ~100 nits in post-calibration verification @ 100% Reference White.

The old recommendation was to enter as Target Luma 124 nits and then start with pre-calibration of 255.255.255 (aka 109% Super White) RGB Balance.

ColourSpace 1.0.0.1046 changed the way the Target Luma is working, so the users will have to enter 100 nits to Target Luma, since 100% is the reference white, and then the 255.255.255 RGB triplet will automatically target 123.4 nits @ manual measure window, based to their target gamma setting.

In other words, users will have to enter the 100% value they want as a target when EXTENDED patchscale is selected, and ColourSpace will calculate the target Y for levels above 235.

After that new change, when EXTENDED custom patchlist are used for calibration have to contain White 235.235.235 / Red 235.16.16 / Green 16.235.16 / Blue 16.16.235 for the proper plotting of RGB Separation chart and general calculations.

For different (user custom) patchsets for an EXTENDED range of values, it will require additional 235 patches to make them compatible with ColourSpace 1.0.0.1046.

Discussion starter · #226 ·
1000 Point volumetric verification run using ColourSpaceZRO UPDATE (original post)

About the 10-Point Volumetric Verification patchset, after installing ColourSpaceZRO Beta 1.0.0.1046 (06 April 2021), you can download the updated patchsets from here.

The 10-Point Cube (09 April 2021) ZIP will contain three folders with 1000 point patchsets for different patchscale settings:

FULL (0-255)...PC users / Davinci Resolve

LEGAL (16-235)... Consumer TV evaluation (recommended for CalMAN's LG OLED AutoCAL verification)

EXTENDED (16-255)... Consumer TV evaluation (or CalMAN's LG OLED AutoCAL extensive verification)

You can see this video with 0.5x Speed and enabled subtitles about how to use them:

In other words, users will have to enter the 100% value they want as a target when EXTENDED patchscale is selected, and ColourSpace will calculate the target Y for levels above 235.

After that new change, when EXTENDED custom patchlist are used for calibration have to contain White 235.235.235 / Red 235.16.16 / Green 16.235.16 / Blue 16.16.235 for the proper plotting of RGB Separation chart and general calculations.
Sorry Ted, is Auto Luma then broken for Extended? Can we still use it?

Second -- I assume gray scale patch sets only need 235.235.235 as 100%, not RGB values listed above, correct?

Discussion starter · #228 · (Edited)
Sorry Ted, is Auto Luma then broken for Extended? Can we still use it?

Second -- I assume gray scale patch sets only need 235.235.235 as 100%, not RGB values listed above, correct?
Hi,

When a custom EXTENDED (0-109%) Grayscale patchset is used, it will require to include 235.235.235 (100% White).

Target Luma AUTO will be updated from 235.235.235 patch, not from 255.255.255.

If you need to calibrate for specific nits, set 100 @ your Target Luma (with unticked the Auto) and then use an EXTENDED patchset of Grayscale, for 255.255.255 you will see target Y as 123.34, when gamma 2.4 is used.

The charts will plot out of the grid (236-255 targets); it's normal since the grid is 0 - 1.0.

The grid will become 0 - 0. 1.09 in a future build.

Discussion starter · #229 ·
When Target Luma AUTO is used, then ColourSpace will be updated from 235.235.235 patch of the grayscale sweep.

When percentages are ticked, they will have 0-100% range right now to measure 16-235 with EXTENDED patchscale. It will change to 0-109% in a future beta.

RGB triplets can be used for manual calibration with EXTENDED, and any 16-255 RGB triplet values can be measured.

I have a JVC RS1000 projector with madvr and I wanted to ask you an important question about calibration before purchasing the software.

madVR performs a PQ high dynamic range conversion to conventional gamma 2.4 with the Rec. 2020, from which it would perform a dynamic tone mapping on the projector's peak brightness and 2.4 gamma. The question is. To calibrate the Rec. 2020 color, I have to leave the dynamic tone mapping of madvr off in OFF, is that correct? Or do I calibrate with the tone mapping active? I understand that I could send an SDR / 2020 signal from the internal generator of the calibration software and calibrate the rec.2020 at 50% intensity and 50% saturation (which more or less coincides with 100% of P3), would this way of proceeding correctly?

Thanks for the help.

Discussion starter · #231 ·
I have a JVC RS1000 projector with madvr and I wanted to ask you an important question about calibration before purchasing the software.

madVR performs a PQ high dynamic range conversion to conventional gamma 2.4 with the Rec. 2020, from which it would perform a dynamic tone mapping on the projector's peak brightness and 2.4 gamma. The question is. To calibrate the Rec. 2020 color, I have to leave the dynamic tone mapping of madvr off in OFF, is that correct? Or do I calibrate with the tone mapping active? I understand that I could send an SDR / 2020 signal from the internal generator of the calibration software and calibrate the rec.2020 at 50% intensity and 50% saturation (which more or less coincides with 100% of P3), would this way of proceeding correctly?

Thanks for the help.
Hello,

madVR tone-mapping will require having a P3D65 with gamma 2.2 calibrated projector via 3D LUT, using 17-Point Cube (4913 patches), and then upload that correction 3D LUT to madVR.

The profiling will require to have the tone mapping of madVR disabled.

ColourSpace HTL can be used for 3D LUT for madVR, ENVY, Lumagen, eeColor, LG OLEDs (2017 with Technicolor FW) / 2018 / 2019 / 2020, JVC/Sony Projectors 1D LUT. No annual fees for updates, native WRGB OLED Spectral correction table for i1Display PRO users. (DDC using DeviceControl for Sony/Panasonic TVs to perform manual calibration.)

ColourSpaceZRO is not supporting 3D LUTs; you can use it for manual calibration for P3D65 gamma 2.2, using adjustments from JVC calibration controls.

The ColourSpace HTL is recommended for your projector to able to generate two 3D LUTs, one for SDR 709 and one for P3D65 2.2 gamma (for HDR).

Perfect Ted, thanks!

One question, do I have to calibrate in SDR-D65-gamma 2.2- P3 instead of BT.2020 50% saturation?I thought I had to do it in Rec. 2020. In principle I am only going to do it manually, not 3D LUT for fear of introducing posterization artifacts.

Thank you. It has clarified an important question for me

Discussion starter · #233 ·
Perfect Ted, thanks!

One question, do I have to calibrate in SDR-D65-gamma 2.2- P3 instead of BT.2020 50% saturation?I thought I had to do it in Rec. 2020. In principle I am only going to do it manually, not 3D LUT for fear of introducing posterization artifacts.

Thank you. It has clarified an important question for me
The recommended method is the 3D LUT approach.

It will not have any posterization artifacts, nothing to worry about.

Enable P3 filter, pre-calibrate projector RGB balance of 100% White, with the highest number of nits, and then profile with 17-Point Cube.

ColourSpace HTL will collect ~5000 measurements of your projector; the color engine will understand the projector capabilities. From these measurements data, you will generate a 3D LUT with target colorspace P3D65 with 2.2 gamma.

For SDR, you will pre-calibrate again the 100% White RGB balance to have 48 nits (48-60 max), profile with 17-Point Cube, and then generate a 3D LUT with REC.709 with 2.4 gamma.

All these require ColourSpace HTL.

If you want to start with ColourSpace ZRO, then perform manual calibration for these different colorspaces/target luminance, using JVC controls.

The difference in performance between manual calibration and 3D LUT is large.

ColourSpace ZRO is not capable of controlling madVR TPG; you will have to use your GPU TPG or PGenerator (recommended patch generation method)

(TPG = Test Pattern Generator)

Discussion starter · #234 ·
ColourSpaceZRO Beta 1.0.0.1082 (20 April 2021)

Release Notes

Fixed issue with incorrect Manual Measure GUI dE values when ‘Auto’ Min/Max Luma active.

Altered Dif EOTF chart plot for Extended 109% profiles.

Fixed issue with graphs position when partial zoom used.

Changes to Sub-Space for simpler understanding and operation.

Added first iteration of Limit Range for sub-range profiling.

Change to Percentage Sliders for Extended Patch Scale use.

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Discussion starter · #235 ·
ColourSpaceZRO Beta 1.0.0.1106 (04 May 2021)

Release Notes

Fixed Slider’s Step value operation when in % mode.

Corrected Targets Only colors beyond 235 with Extended Patch Scale.

Clip patch stimulus float value to integer value when Sub-Space used.

Installation Notes

Update Notes

Discussion starter · #236 ·
I have forgotten to mention that ColourSpaceZRO 1.0.0.1106 (04 May 2021) is the first non-Beta release.

Beta Program has been completed.

This looks like a fab product Ted, since calman product options are not as good as they used to be. I have a retail X-Rite i1Display Pro Rev B, can this be used with ColourSpace ZRO to get an ok calibration on a Samsung Q80T ? I have an old Calman V5, but my meter does not support QLED on it.

Discussion starter · #238 ·
Hi,

ColourSpace ZRO is supporting the following meters:

Tristimulus Colorimeters Support:

Datacolor Spyder4 Express / Pro / Elite
Datacolor Spyder5 Express / Pro / Elite
Datacolor SpyderX Pro / Elite
X-Rite i1Display Pro OEM
X-Rite ColorMunki Display, X-Rite i1Display Studio
X-Rite i1Display PRO Retail, X-Rite i1Display PRO Plus Retail
SpectraCAL C6 / C6-HDR / C6-HDR2000, or Portrait Displays C6-HDR2000
HP DreamColor / NEC SpectraSensor Pro / Quato Silver Haze 3
Wacom Color Manager / ASUS ProArt i1Display PRO

Spectrophotometers Support:

X-Rite i1PRO / i1PRO2 / i1PRO3 / i1PRO3 Plus

X-Rite i1Display PRO colorimeters are not coming with any EDR (generic spectral correction file) for modern consumer displays; all EDR files are old (2011-2012).

When users use modern displays, like your QLED, then select the Generic CMF mode, which will use the factory calibration table without additional spectral correction for specific display tech.

However, ColourSpace has available a WRGB OLED meter spectral correction table (X-Rite EDR file) suitable for WRGB OLED panel-based users of i1Display PRO.

X-Rite i1Display PRO SDK has an OLED spectral correction table suitable for Sony Broadcast RGB OLED.

ColourSpace users of i1Display PRO have available spectral correction tables for both RGB and WRGB OLEDs.

The only 'modern' spectral correction table for i1Display PRO is the WRGB OLED table.

Thanks for the info much appreciated, but I think you just melted my brain with all that info :-s so I have Retail X-Rite i1Display Pro Rev B which means I can use ColourSpace with Generic CMF mode on my samsung QLED? sorry for being so dumb :-s

221 - 240 of 1,661 Posts