·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how's the picture quality?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think these lighting conditions and the combination of ESPN's graphics make this the slickest HD football to date. I've watched `em all, CBS, ABC, HDNet and ESPN. This is really good stuff.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Everything looks great. Except for the massive convergence problems in both of the play-by-play cameras. Look at the yard lines. Major red halo to the left.

-Reagan

·
Registered
420 Posts
This one looks great

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Reagan
Everything looks great. Except for the massive convergence problems in both of the play-by-play cameras. Look at the yard lines. Major red halo to the left.
Does it only happen on only some of the camera angles? It's almost impossible for a camera to have these types of registration errors today ("Registration" is the camera term. TV sets have "convergence" problems.) The question is -- chromatic aberration in the lens or HD-over-triax artifact?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Best Sunday Night Football game I have seen yet......

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor
I wish D* and RCA could fix these audio dropouts on the DTC-100. This is so annoying.
X,

This week I haven't noticed any dropouts. I've had them before, but this week is OK. You need to press harder for that paddle upgrade.

JG

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The game wasn't much to speak of.. more like a massacre.

Beautiful PQ and I see that the first down line is getting a bit more sharp. Now if we can just get them to do some of the MLB division series in HD. I'd almost pass up HD Football for to watch the Yankees in HD. I said almost... LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyB
The game wasn't much to speak of.. more like a massacre.
Not bad if you're a Colts fan. Yeah!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The game looked great, but if you do not have a circle surround decoder how do you set a Dolby decoder to get surround sound? Will any of the Matrix settings work? If not does anyone sell a separate add on circle surround decoder.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
quote:

This week I haven't noticed any dropouts. I've had them before, but this week is OK. You need to press harder for that paddle upgrade.

What is this paddle upgrade ?...Ive got the dtc-100 and the audio dropouts were so frequent last night on espn-hd that I had to change to regular espn...what a bummer...what can I do to resolve this ?...is it just a problem with the dtc-100 or is it direct tv problem ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
For the first time last night, I experienced the DTC-100 dropouts. I too changed the channel to 206 for about 20 minutes, then switched it back to the HD feed. After switching back, there were no dropouts.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by robhair
SWEEEEEEEEET!!! The best Yet. Good for ESPN, they caught the pack and are leading.

Robert
ESP-NOT-HD won't be "leading" until the majority of their programming on their so-called HD "premium" channel is actually in HD!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Huh... I thought it was awful. Too much shimmering noise or garbage epsecially on the overhead camera during long shots. Same thing I saw in last week's NFL game. I thought both college games the last two weekends looked MUCH better. As a matter of fact, I though the UT-SC college game was very very comparable to the CBS college game.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.