AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 646 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOX turned up the juice last night on their DT signal. I picked it up better than WBNS-DT in Lewis Center.

Now if Sinclair can fix WSYX, all will be well.

mikebaby

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I posted this wrong.
I was supposed to reply??? in the Columbus thread??? Maybe someone can move this for me?

I need help and I am looking for either the right forum or some helpful people. I heard that the people at AVSforums were pros with this stuff.

Columbus, Ohio

My symptoms:

While watching certain progaming, most noticable on CSI (HD), it appears that the signal is lost during the quick screen changes.

Uhmmm....
how do I explain it. It's when during those scenes when the picture flashes and they show a cut scene usually of some body part, some action, etc. then the picture flashes back to the story line and characters.

What happens during these scenes is the picture goes blank and displays the projector resolution (1080i) then it flashes and the picture comes back. Everything is fine until another similar scene.

All other programing seems to be just fine.

Hardware:

I have a Scientific Atlanta HD8000 cable box with Time Warner service.

An X1 projector

I have a component connection to my reciever then component cables to BNC connectors to DB15 dongle which is plugged into the projector. (these are quality shielded cables)

How do I trouble shoot something like this? Is the resolution output changing at all? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

The wife really liked the setup until CSI became a hassle to watch.

Thanks to anyone who replies.

·
Registered
298 Posts
odokid, I would first try with another projector, sounds like it can't sync on tp the signal. Can you borrow one ?

What is the range of the Columbus HD stations, can they be picked up OTA as far as Newark/Zanesville ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was watching abc digital i noticed white bars distinctavily in the shap of a / going across the screen. noticed it during rose bowl in hd and in sd an ad for local news. was really apprent in black background. anyone else notice anything similar? using a dish network 811 to recieve ota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an OTA box and antennae so that I can pick up up FOX HD and ABC HD. Does anyone have any experience with this in my zip code?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm running a LG 3100 OTA receiver with rabit ears (amplified) in the basement of my house in the 43017 zip code. Both FOX and ABC (and CBS, NBC, and PBS) come in just fine in HD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with a OTA US Digital HDTV Receiver in zip code 43016? I can get one at WallyMart for $199.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, you have to use an antenna. Fox has piss-poor reception in Columbus too. Sinclair won't turn up the juice.

mikebaby

·
Registered
21 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by GenoG
how much did that cost you nortac?

I bought the LG 3100 for $350 in Dec of 2003.

It has since been replaced by the LG 4200 which adds NTSC tuning to ATSC and un-encrypted QAM. I think the LG 4200 retails for around $350 although LG prohibits legitimate LG retailers from listing prices on the web. I used monitoroutlet.com and had no complaints.

Regarding the US Digital tuner for $199 at Walmart, it seems like a good price point and low risk to buy it and try it. If you're not happy, it should be an easy return....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else having a problem picking up FOX 28 HDTV channel in the 43016 with an OTA antenna? I lost the picture about three weeks ago, and have a 100% signal. Wondering if its my tuner, or FOX shut the picture off.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
What is the multicast status of the Big 4 networks in Columbus? We have a thread going in the Programming forum trying to pick the best market for OTA HD. The latest criteria we're using to narrow down the Top 10 is multicasting. For now, we're allowing a weather radar channel for 1080i networks (CBS, NBC) and we're allowing a weather radar and 1 SD channel for 720p networks (ABC, FOX). How does Columbus stack up?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having difficulty picking up WOSU thru my DiSH Network 811. My 6000 receiver in the other room picks it up fine. Anybody have issues with their 811 and WOSU?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Is Fox HD on-air with Dish on Columbus?

Thanks

Troy

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Anybody?

Troy

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by mikebaby
I'm in Lewis Center, and I have been having the same problems lately.

mikebaby

Fox is up and running, I just bought and set-up a Sammy SIR-T351 tonight and Zenith Silver Sensor. Got one of the floor samples at Great Indoors for dirt cheap, gave me the wrong remote, but I can get over that.

I guess I didn't realize that NBC was vhf when I bought the Silver Star. What antenna are you using to pull your HD channels?

Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fox is up and running but only at about 30% power. I have a Channel Master 4221, and I can pick up stations 40 miles away, yet Fox comes in barley and with constant audio and video dropouts and their tower is only 15 miles away and my antenna is pointed right at it.

mikebaby

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Thanks.

Troy

1 - 20 of 646 Posts