AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and cannot find any answers. I am trying to see if I can combine the Audio and Video from two separate sources to one output for my Onkyo TX-NR3008. My son wants to listen to music while he plays Xbox. We use the HDMI out for the direct tv box for music and HDMI out for the xbox. Is there a way to tell the onkyo to take the video from one input and the audio from another? I use the zone 2 and 3 for other applications so those aren't an option. If I can't do what I want can someone suggested another option?

Thanks

Kris

·
Registered
3,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflow /forum/post/20886663

I have searched and cannot find any answers. I am trying to see if I can combine the Audio and Video from two separate sources to one output for my Onkyo TX-NR3008. My son wants to listen to music while he plays Xbox. We use the HDMI out for the direct tv box for music and HDMI out for the xbox. Is there a way to tell the onkyo to take the video from one input and the audio from another? I use the zone 2 and 3 for other applications so those aren't an option. If I can't do what I want can someone suggested another option? Thanks Kris

When mixing in zone 1 the audio needs to be from an analog source.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
You can typically do this as long as both of them are not HDMI. So, I suggest, you use optical for DirecTV and then create a new source in your receiver and assign HDMI from XBOX for video and optical for DirectTV for audio. You should be able to create this source as a new one in addition to all your existing ones so that you don't mess with current setup.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kflow /forum/post/20886663

Is there a way to tell the onkyo to take the video from one input and the audio from another? I use the zone 2 and 3 for other applications so those aren't an option. If I can't do what I want can someone suggested another option?

Thanks

Kris

Hi kflow, connect either analog (red & white) cables or optical cable from directv box to receiver "TV/CD" input. On the remote select the xbox input as your video source then press 'TV/CD" button.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.