AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have limited roof space, and even more limited cable access to the roof. Can anyone point me to sources of info for feeding one DirecTV and one Dish receiver with just two cables to the roof? One cable for each system would be ideal. I'll probably need to power the LNBs at the roof due to the long cable run.

HD and "regular" signals are desired. I have three-sat switching capabilty with local LNB powering for the Dish HD system. I want to add HD to an existing DirecTV system, but I fear I may need to add another reflector for another satellite.

Any good sources of info? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I have one DISH type system (Canadian BEV) with 2 dishes pointed at 2 diff. sats. fed into a SW21 switch and then one cable from there on the roof to the HDTV sat. recvr.

I have one D* dish pointed at the orig. 101 sat. w. one cable run to its recvr. I understand if/when I upgrade that to point at multiple birds (replace the round dish w. an oval), that only one cable will be necessary to run to the new D* HDTV recvr. we would be getting.

Thus, only 2 cable runs are necessary. I needed a 2nd larger (24") dish to pull in the signals from BEV's bird that sends the HDTV channels.

...mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.