AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know it's been said that using a 16:9 projector with a panamorph or other anamorphic lens would produce an approximately 2.35:1 image (ok, 2.3704:1).

But I'm also thinking that an anamorphic lens rotated 90 degrees and applied to the same 16:9 projector would produce a 4:3 image, correct?

If my thinking is correct, then with a 16:9 projector and a panamorph I could get 4:3, 16:9, and 2.35:1 aspect ratios with full pixel usage, for the best of all possible worlds.

What do you think? It seems to me that the trick would be to design a mounting bracket for the panamorph that would support the 90 degree rotation.

Michael

[This message has been edited by mcg1969 (edited 07-22-2001).]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if you're made of money, you could buy two panamorphs and two brackets, with one mounted vertically and one horizontally. (Heck, maybe that wouldn't be much more expensive than a new tricked-out bracket anyway...)

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
I can see an assembly (in my furtive imagination) with a large circular item (that would allow the full light beam through) on roller bearings (with a stop at 90) to allow for the 90 degree range of movement and then utilizing the slide (and possibly extending it to clear the 16:9 light beam)... Connect these 2 together and it could be used in both ceiling and floor mount positions...

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would anyone from Cygnus care to comment on the feasibility of a bracket design that allows both horizontal and vertical orientation? I really do think that this would come in handy with the advent of native 16:9 projectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.