AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see in many threads how users are using 2 antennas and joining the signal through a "combiner". Is a "combiner" just a 2 way splitter used in a different way? Do I need a special one for HDTV. Can someone provide me a link to one? I'm looking to combine a signal from antennas in 2 different locations of my house.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
The big gotcha with combining antenna is there is usually enough of the signal being picked up by the other antenna to screw up the signal, even if it's pointed in a different direction or located in a different spot. You can sometimes get away with it if you are combining separate VHF and UHF antennas IF the splitter/combiner has bandpass filtering on each input.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. It seems that each anntenna (Zenith SS) and CM 3021 work a little differently where I have them placed in the house. I cannot mount an large anntenna on the roof and we have no attic (all catherdral celings upstatirs). I have the Zenith SS mounted in a soffet up high and the CM 3021 in my garage. I figure joining the 2 might help. The Zenith alone cannot pick up FOX but the CM can. The SS picks up CBS better than the CM.

I'll see what happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.