AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 sat receivers in my family room which I would like to be able to view in my master bedroom. Currently, I have the output of one of them routed to the BR and that works fine. I tried to take the modulated output from each receiver - one on CH3 and one on CH4, use a splitter in reverse to combine the signals, and route that to the BR and CH3 was unwatchable. This happened no matter which receiver was set to which output channel.

Can I do this? If so what am I doing wrong?

Tom

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Usually you can't modulate on consecutive channels as there will be considerable bleed over. When using consumer modulators such as Channel Plus, you always have to skip a channel (ie Sat one on channel 70, sat two on channel 72). I'm not sure about the channel 3/4 modulators in the SAT receivers, but that would be my guess as to the problem.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm experiencing almost the same problem with the channel 4 of the air and my channel 3 satelite receiver.

One thing I've realized is that the satellite are usually boosting the signal a little too much to make sure that it will stay constant once it reachs the TV. If you do not have any other choice than using the channel 3 and 4, you could try to use attenuator to reduce the strength of the signal. I'm not sure it will work since I've gave up on doing anything with channel 4.

Hope this help!

·
Registered
732 Posts
You need to get a modulator like a Channel Plus 5425. The built in ch. 3/4 modulators are not designed to do what you are doping, there is too much bleed over.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
You can try the GOOD channel 3 / channel 4 combiners - I'm using a Tru-Spec SC3 combining with my OTA (stations on 4,5,11,17,22,28,36,40,47 and 50 and modulated channels on 24 and 33 ) - works pretty well. This SC3 HAS the filtering to successfully combine a channel 3 source / 4 OTA without interference on either channel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.