AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from reading some threads on this forum I have come to the conclusion that the combo discs aren't well liked. Is the dislike of the combo discs due to the increased cost? The flipper disc? Personally I don't like flipper discs or paying higher prices. However I do like that I have both versions of the film together so that I can use DVD version at my friends and families places, none of whom have HD DVD or Blu-Ray players.

Would a solution to bring the dislike level down be to put both versions of the film on the same side of the disc? Is it the flipper disc? Or is it mainly the additional cost $5-$10 which is turning off potential buyers?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think a combo would be a great idea, if the studios that make them did not offer the movie in a sd dvd version and priced them at a list price of $25. That way people would start to build a HD collection and when it came time to replace their dvd player their next purchase might be a HD DVD player.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I think it's the price and the fact that people don't like the lack of art on flippers.

I thought the DVD Forum would have announced Twin Format at CES which sidesteps the problem of flipper/disc art. Well I guess they can announce that later if at all.

·
Premium Member
26,549 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.