AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If Universal and the other HD-DVD studios want this format to win they need to stop charging the extra $$ for these combo disks.

They should just include the standard def for free. That way those who dont own an HD DVD player have a reason to upgrade in the future and early adopters such as ourselves arent forced to carry the finacial burden of supporting our format of choice. It makes it very hard to justify a $30+ combo when just an HD is $20+ using AMAZON of course.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i fully agree man i hide from those damn combo packs i want fearless but i havent bought it because of the price. i am gonna be sheddin some major tears when i depart with 40 bucks for the Departed lol. I didnt buy a hd dvd player to have the sd version.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbklb /forum/post/0

i fully agree man i hide from those damn combo packs i want fearless but i havent bought it because of the price. i am gonna be sheddin some major tears when i depart with 40 bucks for the Departed lol. I didnt buy a hd dvd player to have the sd version.

$40 is just the MSRP.......if it actually retails for that much I'm going to freak.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i havent gotten hooked on amazon how much is fearless on there? there is something about going into a store and picking up the hd dvds that just feels right. over half the people in the store do not even no what it is you are buyin.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I personally think the the studios have completely overthought the combo market and retailers like best buy are doing nothing to help. Why on earth would someone picking up the Departed dvd even consider purchasing the combo for twice the cost of the standard dvd? Personally I think anything more that $5 extra is too much to ask for the regular buyer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
While the idea of Combo's is not bad, they need to have the same price as regular HD-DVD's if they want me to buy them. I've only bought the few Combo's I have because I had gift cards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.