AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post on this once before, but can't seem to locate it. I just got my Comcast HD hook up today to go along with my 567. First, let me say, the HD looks amazing....very happy with the PQ....now just need to get more stations in the Charleston, SC area.

Anyway, the HD box doesn't have a DVI connection, so I'm hooked up via component 2 (component 1 wouldn't work). I also hooked up s-video from the HD box to the Sammy. Now, when I hit the PIP button, the same channel appears in the PIP box. When I go to the menu to choose the PIP "source", it shows "s-video" as the source (I am watching via the component 2) and the picture in the small PIP window is the same channel as I'm watching via component 2. Bottom line, I can't get the PIP to show a different channel!?!? This kind of defeats the whole purpose of the PIP, lol. Any suggestions? I'm sure I'm just not pressing a certain button.

Could I simply split the cable before it goes into the HD box and have one continue to the box and the other to the TV? Or, will the splitting of the cable before going into the box cause the HD to be not as good? Suggestions please......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yup....splitting before the HD box worked fine....no need to respond to the question unless there are any suggestions for doing the PIP another way. Oh, and HD is still real, and it is spectacular.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Suggestion - split before the box to Ant input, but also keep the s-video hook up. This will allow you to do side by side PIP with the S-video feed and the Ant feed. Component input in PIP can not be side by side.

Side by side is great for watching two sporting events at once. There is some sacrifice in PQ but it looks cool.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Make sure you get a good splitter. I bought one at radio shack for $8 but when I hooked it up I lost my hd channels due to signal loss.

I then 'splurged' on a 2 GHz Monster Cable splitter - it works great! I use it to bypass the DCT-5100 for analog channels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.