AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have now tried 3 different times in the last couple of weeks to call the local Comcast office here in LA to try and find out about iNHD and if they will be rolling it out to meet the 9/15 go live date....and of course they don't have a clue as to what they are. I mention the iNDemand company and they always say "well that's PPV".

Today, when I asked about the two new inHD channels that were supposed to be available on Monday, the CSR asked me if I was talking about Discovery....I said no, but inquired as to a date for Discovery, as she did say it was coming....but of course no date....

Ok, getting to the topic....as she was looking through her notes to find anything on iNHD, she asked if it was HDNet? I said no, why, and she was reading me details about what HDNet was (Baseball, Hockey, La Crosse, etc. in HD) and it sounded like they were going to be offering it. Totally didn't make sense to me, as I have seen comments here stating that they would very likely not have both iNHD and HDNet, so I'm wondering if anyone else has heard any rumors that HDNet might come to Comcast?

Needless to say, I still don't know if and when the LA Comcast market will be getting iNHD. Maybe we will be getting HDNet instead? Comments...

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The local Comcast CSRs are clueless. They didn't have any idea about ESPN either and it just showed up one day. They'll be informed about INHD after Monday, even though it may show up on Monday.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
No chance right now. I will lay 20 to 1 that HDNet will not be carried by Comcast anytime before 2nd Q 2004. Comcast provides its CSRs with summaries of the HD channels so they will know what potential customers are talking about when questions about HD come up. Of course, the CSRs are given some vague references about HDNet being carried in the future by Comcast, but it does not correspond to the reality of the negotiation between Comcast's corporate HQ and HDNet. The customer services department is getting wayyyyy ahead of the programming department.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.