AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught the tail end of a commercial on TV that said HDNet and HDNet movies will be available on Comcast October 16. I can't seem to find the commercial again to verify this info. Anyone else see this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just signed up for HD Comcast and the nice lady said I was getting the Discovery HD too. Who knows if she's right though. I guess I'll find out Thursday.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think it was a Dish commercial, but this coincides with the info that a friend at Comcast said, he claims they would be adding 3 new HD channels on Oct. 16. Lets see if he's right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
 This thread mentions something similar. A Comcast CSR told someone that 3 new HD channels were coming on October 16, including Discovery HD.

This may all be buzz from one source, but if not, it looks like a good month to have Comcast....

Nathan

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
There is just way too much buzz coming from Comcast to think this is all rumor and innuendo. This news, the word about Starz-HD - it all appears to be leading up to something big.

JWhip and KenH, you have anything to reveal?

I might be upping my limited basic service and cutting back on D* if this comes true. I'd like having all the services in one place.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I have been busy with work. I will ask around. I have heard that things were moving along with CBS so one can only hope. Comcast is really trying to push the HD through fast to out flank D* and Dish and they seem to be doing a very good job in doing so.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
JWhip --- please find out anything you can about CBS! Forget Discovery HD- I want 1080i football!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
In addition to the thread that Nathan pointed out, a post in my local Comcast HD thread (Chicago - right here - ) mentioned on 9-19 that a Comcast CSR told him that they'd be adding Discovery HD and 2 other HD stations on October 16...

Where there is smoke.....

Bring it on :)

Tom

·
Registered
787 Posts
this is all sounding amazing

we are so lucky to have comcast, you know that?

( i never thought i'd say that about a cable company) :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just got this back from Mark Cuban in an email asking if there was any truth to this

"You have to ask comcast

Either way keep on calling to make sure"

sounds like something is up eh because he usually answers with something like "we are still in negotioations" hmmm;)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Mark's already said in another thread that he considers the ball in Comcast's court (and encouraged folks to keep bugging comcast)

Somebody who said they were familiar with the negotiations said comcast didnt want to pay the $ he was asking.

comcast seems to be taking a hard line (good or bad) in negotiations with providers as far as cost. They are trying not to increasing subscriber costs when adding HD channels (hence they don't have a "HD Package" that you pay extra for, everything is just being added into existing tiers (or multichannel lineups such as HBOHD)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.