AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problems I am having. I've been a subscriber since HD started last year and I have the SA 3100 box.

1- Fox HD has terrible audio dropouts. Constant pops in the audio. Really bad with the digital coax audio output and "a little" less noticeable with analog audio. This past weekend I tuned into Fox HD and it crashed my box. I wasn't able to do anything to the box, either with the remote or manually. I finally had to pull the plug from the wall. This channel is currently unwatchable and has been since it was added to the lineup.

2- ESPN HD and ABC HD won't come through unless I tune into an active HD channel before it. If I change from MTV to ESPN HD I get a blank screen and no audio. But if I go to HB0 HD and let the picture and audio come in and then go to ESPN HD or ABC HD I'll get the signal.

3- Lip sync and audio dropouts through the coax digital audio output. Audio is much cleaner through this output versus analog, but sometimes, on any HD channel, I'll get lip sync and dropout problems. No dropout/lip sync issues any and other channels except HD ones.

4- ESPN HD is a lot louder than any other channel or HD channel. Plain annoying

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep, I'm having all the problems you identify. The FOX audio dropouts are particularly annoying, since they occur every couple seconds; the FOX audio has not worked since they added the station to the lineup a few weeks ago. (I usually put the picture on and switch the audio to my DirecTV feed of Fox -- I only have Comcast for the HD locals.) I also often have to cycle through the channels to get an HD channel to take and not show a blank screen. Very annoying. And ESPN HD, as you say, is very, very LOUD.

Gotta love our local cable monopolist...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sucks this is happening, but I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm guessing that if I contact Comcast there is nothing they can do?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Fox5 has been acting up ever since the Hurricane. This is coming in OTA. Its likely channels 5's problem and not Comcast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually the problems with Fox on Comcast predate the hurricane -- the audio has been totally messed up since the added the network to the system. Fox OTA might also be messed up now, but I don't have any reason to think Comcast has fixed their problems with Fox.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm having the same HD problems with Reston Comcast, although the Fox audio drop out problem disappeared just prior to the hurricane. The lip synch problem is especially annoying. I had a service call scheduled for tonight from 5 to 7, but they never showed up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone know if they will be updating the STB from the 3100HD? I got that one installed today and I heard it was not a good one.

I hope I dont encounter the problems that others have found though. I have noticed the audio pops on Fox already...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone have any updates on the Fox Audio issue? Skins game is on Fox this weekend...

So far I have had all of the problems listed above (except for the box crashing), are there any solutions?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I know a few times I had Lip Synch Issues, I reset the box.

No real audio Drop outs on FOX but more of a Rolling Clicking sound.

Same problem with getting ESPN-HD and ABC-HD to come up.

Same with ESPN, though it does not seem to be as loud as it was originally.

No word on if another box will be replacing the 3100HD, Lets just hope so. Maybe if someone writes up a document explaining all of the issues with the 3100hd, and we all send it in, something will be done. Otherwise I doubt they will change unless they have to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.