AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I live in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre PA area and Comcast just took over Adelphia (previous cable provider). My bill just jumped from $133 to $154 per month. (Digital Cable with HD/DVR box, one premium channel(HBO) and cable modem) I am seriously considering going back to DirecTV with Verizon DSL for internet even though DirecTV doesn't offer my local channels in HD yet. My question is this: With DirecTv's new announcement of adding 100 new HD channels, How much do you think their rates are going to jump?. Do you think FiOS will be available in smaller markets anytime soon? I'm really getting sick and tired of getting screwed with my pants on from Comcast/Adelphia.

Pat

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm in a former Time Warner market just taken over by Comcast, and so far it's been a nightmare. They completely screwed up their ability to send updates and authorizations to the digital boxes for the past 5 days. Most of my premium HD tier is now set to "Not Authorized" and they can't do anything to fix it. On top of it all, they installed a new phone system at our service branch at the same time with almost no user training, and which itself has problems and often prevents you from getting through to support.

So, I'm looking at DirecTV again, myself, but not for cost reasons.

·
Registered
267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmee79 /forum/post/0

Hello,

I live in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre PA area and Comcast just took over Adelphia (previous cable provider). My bill just jumped from $133 to $154 per month. (Digital Cable with HD/DVR box, one premium channel(HBO) and cable modem) I am seriously considering going back to DirecTV with Verizon DSL for internet even though DirecTV doesn't offer my local channels in HD yet. My question is this: With DirecTv's new announcement of adding 100 new HD channels, How much do you think their rates are going to jump?. Do you think FiOS will be available in smaller markets anytime soon? I'm really getting sick and tired of getting screwed with my pants on from Comcast/Adelphia.

Pat

How much do you think their rates are going to jump?

For those that have the HD Pack about $2.00

Do you think FiOS will be available in smaller markets anytime soon?

Nope. They will go to where the money is first.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mine went from 163 to 217!!! I do get everything from them but its the decoder boxes that went up more than the rates did. So I started considering the same thing until today.

Comcast in this area will be adding TNT HD, CSN HD, UHD, and MHD fairly soon we are told. Considering the way D* and E* hd look compared to Comcast I cant really justify switching at this point.

My advice is to call and complain about the increase, I did and got my bill back down to where it was for 6 months. That should buy enough time for things to get sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.