AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast just came out two days ago and set up my HD box. Most of the channels are beautiful but the feed from Comcast Sports (Phillies Game) is no where near as nice as others. I assume the cables they used are the cheapest they could find.

Is Comcast's Sports an inferior feed or will better cables enhance the picture. The channels INHD and INHD2 are fantastic. Thanks.

Also any cables you would recommend?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Phillies/Marlins games are not in HD. Comcast SportsNet is doing the Orioles/Yankee games in HD. They only have one HD truck.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
If any of the HD feeds look great your issue is not the cables so it must be the feed of the Comcast Sports net.

I would call my local cable company and tell them there could be a problem at the head end.

How do the major network stations look? I believe you have the PBS feed

WHYY check out the soundstage program at 10pm this evening.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As mentioned above, none of the Phillies-Marlins games have been in HD. When CSN-HD broadcasts a SD game, it is upconverted and stretched, so it will not look anywhere near as good as HD, but should still look significantly better than the analog feed (Channel 35 in Philly area). The same is true of ESPN. I believe the next CSN HD Phillies game is Friday night's Red's game. The picture quality is usually excellent, as it is with CSN's HD broadcasts of Flyers and Sixers games. A full schedule of the HD broadcasts can be found on CSN's website.

It is likely that some (if not most) of the ABC and NBC broadcasts you are comparing to WHYY and INHD are also SD broadcasts. When SD, these broadcasts are not stretched, and will typically have black bars on the left and right sides of the picture. Again, quality is much better than the analog broadcasts (expecially through the Motorola 5100 box), but no where near HD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.