AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Comcast television and internet service. i was thinking about cancelling the television service since I don't use it much, but I would keep the internet service.

Would I still get basic cable television channels?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
You shouldn't, but you never know what might leak through, especially the digital versions of the locals.

Here, they offer a $10/month rebate if you have cable + internet. Since the lifeline/basic (Ch2 - 22) is $13/month, you end up with the lifeline channels for only $3/month. (not to be confused with expanded basic, or "Classic", which is usually the Ch2 - 80 analog stations)

Check your bill to see if the rebate is on there. You could just drop to the basic package.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have that $10 credit on my bill.

Also, I wonder if they are going to charge me more for internet access if I don't also purchase their television service.

I would call and ask, but the only thing that the call reps know is "THEY USE THE SAME WIRE!!!!!". That's their stock answer to everything when trying to cancel a service.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I don't know if there is any accurate info easily available. None of the prices/packages on their website match what I know is available locally. I could only suggest talking to others locally (or in the local area forum here for your city) and see what their experiences are.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaklipsch /forum/post/14217249

I currently have Comcast television and internet service. i was thinking about canceling the television service since I don't use it much, but I would keep the internet service.Would I still get basic cable television channels?

Probably not. However, in most markets Comcast offers a $10 multiproduct discount on High Speed Internet. Your Internet bill will go up $10/month, but you might consider downgrading your TV to "Limited Cable Service", which is typically $15 to $20/month and remains eligible for the multiproduct discount. Limited Service is your local broadcast channels, some public access, educational and government (PEG) channels, some shopping channels and a couple of "freebie" cable networks. Typically this is about one-half the channels carried on Expanded Basic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts