AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast changed my channel lineup so the stations have all different channel numbers. I've done a manual net connect using 243 zones to download an updated channel guide. I've also tried clearing the channel guide and then doing a net connect. Still my channels on the Replay guide do not match Comcast's new channel numbers. I went into manual menu/ setup / network &settings and picked different zip codes but I can't find one that works. Can anyone help?

1) When your cable provider changes channel lineups does it normally take a week to update the channel guides with the new numbers?

2) Who provides the channel guide service that feeds ReplayTV's?

3) Do I need to let the channel guide service know the channels have changed for Comcast in my area?

4) What is the best way to resolve while still keep the Replay's free of monthly fees.

Gotta love Comcast.

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts

ReplayTV gets their guide data from Tribute Media Services, which is the same service that Zap2It uses, for example.  So, try going to zap2it.com and enter your ZIP code and you should see the same lineups.  Zap2It has a place to notify about incorrect lineups, so you can try doing it there.  Once you see Zap2It with the correct lineup information, then it should be on the ReplayTV as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @ReplayAddict for sharing how things work behind the curtains. I will check out Zap2It and report the discrepancy. I am just not ready for WIRNS yet. I am running (3) 5504 models with upgraded hard drives and they run great.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

You said you tried using a different zip code. Did you also try entering your own zip code, and looking for a new lineup? Often during a transition like this, there will be a lineup labeled "Comcast YourTown (Rebuild)".

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmar  /t/1520880/comcast-changed-the-channel-lineup#post_24452538

You said you tried using a different zip code. Did you also try entering your own zip code, and looking for a new lineup? Often during a transition like this, there will be a lineup labeled "Comcast YourTown (Rebuild)".

I did try that. I ended up finding the zip code that had the lineup my zip code was changing to. I also contacted Zap2It to have them adjust the lineup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts