AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast realigned channels for the customers bought from AT&T, I updated my 5040's settings last night to reflect Comcast instead of AT&T but the 5040's channel guide is still incorrect. Anybody know if this is a Replay or channel guide service providers problem and how to correct it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Check zap2it.com and see if they have the correct lineup. If that is correct then the replay needs to update its guide. If its also incorrect then the guide service needs to update its guide.

·
Registered
535 Posts
When you do setup replay pulls many comcast lineups, the trick is to find one that fits your setup: digital, analog, a/b, and then there are a few of each, at least for me. So I had to resetup several times, until I hit the right one.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Where do you live? My neighbor (San Francisco) went from ATT to Comcast using his ReplayTV 5040 with no problems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In my area (Waltham, about 10 miles west of Boston), the Comcast channel lineup change is scheduled for "about May 13th" according to the letter they sent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Lowell and the channel lineup changed this past weekend. I followed Berg's suggestion, checked zap2it.com and they still have the old lineup.

Zap2it has a feedback email system so that you can report incorrect lineups but they give no inidication as to how long it will take to correct the issue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Heh, small world. I'm in Lowell as well, and I've been having a heck of a time with the Comcast channel update. Under the Setup options for "Other" cable boxes, I can see four choices: Comcast (Analog), Comcast (Rebuild), Comcast (Digital Rebuild), and Comcast (Digital). Right now I'm set up for Comcast (Digital), which features the outdated lineup. Any attempt to change to Comcast (Digital Rebuild) leads to nothing but trouble.

To be specific, in trying to switch over I select Comcast (Digital Rebuild), reselect the cable box type, etc. The box (an AT&T-badged 2000-series) establishes a modem connection and spends a good ten to fifteen minutes downloading the channel data. At the end of the process, though, the ReplayTV displays "Out of memory error." and tells me to power-cycle the box. When I do this, the new channel lineup is in place after the reboot - *but* my service is still listed as Comcast (Digital) in the setup menu. If I force a net connect, the old channel lineup will download.

Whatever I do - changing the setup, trying the "Analog Rebuild" option, clearing the channel guide multiple times before trying again - nothing seems to be sufficient to get the "Rebuild" channel data to stick. Has anyone else had this experience (either with Comcast or in any other situation)?

Tom

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you're getting an out-of-memory error on your dialup, there are several things to try. First, delete any themes you don't really need. Also, it might use less memory when it dials in at night with the box off than when you force a connect--just a wild guess.

If you've upgraded your drive, you should have used a larger cluster size. Unfortunately, last I checked making that conversion wipes off all recorded shows.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In Ashland, MA, the letter said "on or about May 20th." It also said to leave the cable box turned off. That's not going to happen--even if there's a power outage, my Replay and cable box are on a UPS.

Anyway, I would be interested in hearing from those with an earlier change exactly when the change takes place and how quickly the new lineup is available on the Replay.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In Lowell the Comcast channel realignment took place on April 20th which is exactly when they said it would. My cable box was on at the time and I think it took about 4 or 5 days for the "Lowell - Comcast digital rebuild" option to appear under settings. I attempted to change my settings two days after the realignment and did not notice the "digital rebuild" option at that time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
In SLC, the Comcast channel adjustments occurred in late Feb or early March, and showed up on my SS within a day or two. I didn't have to change to a new option - I was still on "AT&T Broadband (digital rebuild)."

However, the DMX channels were screwed up until a just couple days ago. I tried switching to the new "Comcast (digital rebuild)" option that was available, but it did nothing for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crowbert, many thanks for the tip - it looks like things are working now. After I removed a number of outdated or unused themes, plus a few more I knew I could restore after the fact, I was able to get an error-free download of the rebuilt channel lineup. (Your intuition was right, by the way - I have an 80 gig drive in place of the 20. I'd never heard about the cluster size issue before.) Now that I've got it to accept the rebuilt lineup, I'm sure the nightly updates will run just fine...

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.