AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Mits HDTV two years ago hoping the programming would soon follow. Comcast started broadcasting ABC, NBC, HBO and SHOW here in Ft. Myers just prior to the Super Bowl earlier this year. I was pumped. But programming has kinda been lackluster.

BUT, last month ESPNHD was added and with INHD1 and 2 coming on line yesterday my available programming has more than doubled. Big surprise this morning when I dialed in to catch a little hi def before work and to my amazment found PBSHD had been turned on too and was running a cool loop. By the way NASCAR in HD looks spectacular. Anyway I just wanted to express my hapiness with Comcast. Their customer service reps are always helpful and pleasent and between HD and Broadband internet they've made my multi media life more enjoyable.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Nascar does look great in that HD PBS loop. But too bad none of the Races are in HD. Fox offered Nascar in their Digital 480p widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1. The picture was clearer, better colors, and of course 16:9 yet still not HD. NBC,TNT, and FX are still not even doing any better than SD.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hart5150
I heard from a person at NBC 10 in philly, so take this as a rumor or just pure BS, that Bravo HD might carry some races like the Brickyard and possiblly Daytona.
And still noone will be able to watch NASCAR in HD.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rolex24
Anyway I just wanted to express my hapiness with Comcast. Their customer service reps are always helpful and pleasent and between HD and Broadband internet they've made my multi media life more enjoyable.
I'm pretty happy with Comcast too at the moment. I'm sure there's much more HD to come (Cinemax next?), and the picture quality I'm getting at the moment is outstanding.

If you get the right CSR, they're great, but some of them don't know what they're talking about and will tell you anything. The other night I had the pleasure of talking to a super lady there who went above and beyond to answer my questions, and was a real pleasure to talk to.

Regarding their broadband, it's a big disappointment to me, as my maximum download speed is way less than half what it was with @home 2 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.