INHD1 is Channel 174

INHD2 is Channel 175

Both worked fine until a few days ago.

Now Channel 174 is showing INHD2.

INHD1 is gone!!

INHD2 is showing on both 174 & 175.

Sounds like a head end problem.

Anyone else notice this in CT?

Called comcast but the repair guys left. CSR was clueless.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in Madison, CT and have the same problem on my Comcast system. Here INHD is on ch 381 and INHD2 is on ch 382. I also had both working fine since 9/15, until a few days ago. Now INHD2 is showing on both 381 and 382, and INHD is not on at all.

When I spoke to a tech about an hour ago, he told me that the feed in his office showed both channels working fine, and so it must be a problem with my 5100. I have a visit scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully bringing a new box to try. After reading that someone else has the same problem, I'm less optimistic that he'll fix it with a simple swap of boxes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ad301:

Keep me informed on your box swap out result.

I also highly doubt its the box since we both have it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
DaveB99,

Well, the tech came and swapped boxes, and it didn't fix the problem. He says that he'll pursue it, and we should expect to see it fixed within a couple of days.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ad301 / DaveB99,

I see we live in the same area. I'm in Killingworth. I converted to Direct TV back in Feb 2003, and now have the HD package from them. I am, however, curious what HD stations Comcast is making available, especially Comcast in Clinton as that is the same division that supplies Killingworth.

In particular, do they carry any local stations in HD or DTV? I can pickup WTNH-DT from New Haven on rabbit ears, but will need to invest in a serious antenna, amp, and rotor to get Hartford stations. Before I do that, it would be good to know which locals Comcast is offering in HD.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just checked, and INHD has been restored on 381 at my location. So I guess the guy who was here was able to follow up, and clear up whatever problem they were having.

·
Registered
174 Posts
CHDinCT:

I can't speak for the Clinton system, but here in Madison we get:

WEDH (PBS)

WVIT (NBC)

ESPNHD

HBOHD

SHOHD

INHD

INHD2

I also subscribe to DirecTV, and get my HBO and SHO HD through DirecTV rather than Comcast. I won't soon give up DirecTV, due to DirecTiVo, but Comcast does have the advantage of local channels in HD. Right now we only get WVIT, and I also can pick up WTNH-DT's very strong signal with my attic antenna, but WFSB is impossible to pick up here. Hopefully Comcast will be adding them sooner rather than later, and hopefully we'll have some way to time-shift HD shows soon as well. I'd rather have TiVo, but I've been led to believe that we'll be offered the 6208 HD DVR here within the next 3 to 6 months.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here in Berlin, we also have Comcast, although we are a different subgroup. For the last few days INHD and INHD2 were showing the same feed, even though the on-screen menu indicated that shouldn't have been the case. Anyway, last night something must have gotten fixed, because both channels were showing different programs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had the same problem and called Comcast. The service rep. said they were showing a problem with one of the INHD channels not showing up and that they would try to fix it on their end. Apparently they did, because they were both working last night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.