Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast NFL in the Boston market.

1. The number one problem is SOUND. The station is 10 TIMES the volume of the other stations. I surf the "HD" channels from 802 to 883 - and if you don't turn down the sound on FOX - you can literally BLOW a speaker. What's up with that?:confused:

2. I understand that FOX doesn't use true HD - 1080i or 720p. But the picture should at least be in 16x9. The Bills/Eagles afternoon game yesterday had awful PQ and 4x3 format. The analog FOX station was even worse - to the point of being unwatchable. (The evening game was much better.)

But please - fix the sound problem!!:eek:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
28,648 Posts
Fox's digital channel is too loud? Most people here have had the opposite experience. It's about 1/10 the volume of the other stations.

I haven't watched in a few days. Maybe someone in the control room thought they could fix the problem and overcompensated?

·
Registered
17 Posts
JoshZ - I agree totally. It is not a comcast problem. Whether I'm om Channel 825 or using my over the air antenna, Channel 25 has no sound when I set my receiver volume to -28-34 (where all my other HD channels are set. To recieve 25 I need a setting of 0 to +2, which I'm not inclined to do for fear of blowing out my speakers or ears if I forget to change volume settings before changing channels.

I think this is a problem only when using coax or digital connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.