AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the setup, 2 rooms, both have hd comcast boxes hooked up through component cables to plasma tvs.

one of the tvs has artifacts on 3 channels, 804, 805, 807 all the other channels are fine. the second room has no artifacts on the same channels. until 4 days ago both cable boxes were fine, no artifacts.

I went to the comcast office and swapped what I thought was a bad box, same ****.

any suggestions?

·
Registered
686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/18201129

here is the setup, 2 rooms, both have hd comcast boxes hooked up through component cables to plasma tvs.

one of the tvs has artifacts on 3 channels, 804, 805, 807 all the other channels are fine. the second room has no artifacts on the same channels. until 4 days ago both cable boxes were fine, no artifacts.

I went to the comcast office and swapped what I thought was a bad box, same ****.

any suggestions?

Did you check the cables leading and into the TV giving you trouble?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the cable going into the tv and it's good, is it possible for it to be a bad cable but only to affect a few channels?

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim /forum/post/18201241

i checked the cable going into the tv and it's good, is it possible for it to be a bad cable but only to affect a few channels?

Yes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you configured the video settings for the output of the box to match your sets?

Press POWER to put the set-top in stand-by mode. With-in two (2) seconds press the MENU key on the front panel.

If the TV is on, the on-screen User Settings menu lists the STB settings that can be adjusted

Change the video settings to give you the best results. Settings vary between Motorola, Pace and Scientific Atlanta / Cisco boxes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts