AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they were a little late, but they got my HD cable installed today (SE Michigan). The only thing I have been able to watch has been PBS, but I am very happy with it so far.

My wife was home when they came. The installers had NO clue as to what they were doing. They knew how to run coax and that was it. They spent 2 hours hooking up 2 tvs (one HD, the other digital cable). They used A/V cables for the component outputs from the Motorola box (I am assuming it is the 5100). They also told my wife the optical audio does not work (it does). This seems consistent with what others have said. My Toshiba RPTV is set on natural and changes picture size automatically based on input type (no black bars).

I have a few questions for others with Comcast HD. What is the smart card slot for on the front of the Motorola box for? Also, I can only find the one HD channel (PBS). Do the NBC and ABC stations automatically change when a HD program is broadcast? Lastly, I can't find HBOHD. Does anyone know the station number in SE Michigan?

Thanks,

Nick

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.