AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me or does anyone else notice that the hd pictures on this box and now the 6412 has lessen picture wise... i remeber when it was in a regular 16:9 box on my samsung nice and clear..... but now its like its streched making the picture way less quality than it is...... did a setting get messed up during a update or something???? all my settings seems to be the same......

PS... also my friend got one of the newer samsung tvs and its the same problem.... i thought it was the tv but it isnt..... can anyone help

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
Set both displays up for 1080i HD, not stretched. Set both STBs up to 1080i output, not zoomed or stretched, which lessens picture quality somewhat. Then, with equal setups/images, experiment for the best pictures (720p STB outputs if they're 720p displays; having the STB versus the display downconvert from 1080i, etc.). -- John

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
To better compare, you need to check to see if both sets are connected in a similar manner, either component or HDMI/DVI. If such is the case, then a program on a HD channel has to be HD. In that case, you should NOT be able to stretch or zoom. Then you would have a more level set of benchmarks by which to judge. More information regarding set models, cable box models, and their respective connections along with the program material would help the forum members better respond with informed opinions.

YMMV

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Make sure you are using DVI/HDMI cables from the STB to both DLPs.

Turn the box off, press menu, and make sure each is set to 720p or 1080i, depending on the type of DLP you have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.