AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, I got mine hooked up today and they gave me the SA 3100HD. I have heard bad things about it, anyway we can find out when there will be a STB upgrade for Comcast? The guy told me that they will switch out the box at no cost if there is an upgrade?

So how is the comcast HD in Arlington? I havent had too much time to play with it yet...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Seriously, are there not a lot of people using Comcast HD in Arlington??? Everyone else has a big official thread and we got nothing!

Well I have had a chance to play around with the HD channels. I get CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, HBO, SHO, CSN, INHD 1&2 all in HD.

So far the best looking ones are the INHD channels. They look great, that is what I will put on to show off the new TV for sure. The other stations look a lot better then SD but not as good as INHD. I wonder if INHD is the only one broadcasting in true 1080i HD, bc it looks a lot better then the others...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Most people read the DC area thread. I have tried a few Alexandria Threads and all I get are crickets chirping.

The only box in the near future I see Them swapping to is the SA8000-HD-PVR.

This box is in the testing phasing and might be out by year end or early next year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
DC area thread covers baltimore too...just to broad I think. We deserve our own thread!

Some of my freinds in Arlington already have the SA8000 HD PVR, they love it. The problem is I think you HAVE to subscribe to the DVR service to get it. I already have a 103 hr Tivo, so I am not going to need any dvr service thru comcast. So unless they come out with another plain old HD box I might have to deal with the 3100HD, I'd like to see how much a difference the DVI makes, aslo I would like to be able to change the aspect ratio...cant do that with the 3100.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Quote:
So far the best looking ones are the INHD channels.
Yeah, those and the Orioles games on CSN are astounding. My friend's mouth about hit the floor when he walked into the room and saw a closeup of some sea life on an 8ft screen (via INHD). The stuff shot for HD is truly amazing, even when blown up to that size.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We need to find out if Comcast can upgrade the 3100 STBs they are terrible, you cant change the AR at all. 4:3 all the time unless it is broadcast in HD.

I think if people complain then they might be forced to change. I mean people spend a lot of money to get widescreen TVs and then only the HD content can utilize the whole screen? Thats like 10 % of the programming they offer, eveything else gets the 2 bars on the right and left of the screen.

Horrible...

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by BigCB37
DC area thread covers baltimore too...just to broad I think. We deserve our own thread!
Many of the people that get the DC stations OTA, get Baltimore too. So it made sense to get both DC and Balt covered in that thread.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just got my 3100HD installed Friday night (should had been Thursday but the installer brought the wong box!!) Anyway I'm vary happy with the HD PQ so far. The Redskins game was fantastic. I dont know about others but I can view non HDTV contact in wide screen as long as I switch to my coax input. So I can still get the best of both worlds it just a pain switching back and forth.

I dont get CSN (but I can hear it), do you have to pay extra for that?

I also notice if I channel up on some HDTV channels I get a black screen with no sound, but if I then move one channel up and then one back down the picture comes in, any one else have this?

I was provided a Comcast channel guide with the install, it listed (i think) 4 WETA channels in HDTV but I only have one? anyone know what's up with that?

Thanks

Newmie

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone have problems with Fox audio? I am worried about dropouts or popping for the game this weekend. Last week was good because it was on CBS who do HD right but on fox you get Widescreen SD, if the audio is bad might have to switch to Sonny Sam and Frank on the radio and hope there isnt too much of a delay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.