AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Comcast Internet service and I am about to get Dish Network HD Package. I live in an apartment that has 1 coax line in every room, and for 1 building in our apartment complex they have one satellite dish.

Now everyone has one box that has bunch of coax lines in it, and i can figure out what is what there.

My question is In the main room i have a router thats wiring all my internet component and that is working perfectly right now, and I want to add dish network hd to the same room. Can that be done?

I have been hearing about diplexers that go down to low frequency because Comcast uses low frequency and Dish Network uses higher frequency. I am not sure if it can be done or not.

Also if this works anyone tell me the exact product that i will need. like diplexer to splitter and what not.

Thanks For Your Help!!!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Internet traffic tends to travel at a different frequency range then TV, most likely you'd have overlap between Comcast and DN that wouldn't allow you to diplex, your solution is running another cable for DN...

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Always, ALWAYS - run separate coax for each service. This way - you will prevent each vender from pointing at the other as to the cause of your trouble. This will also prevent one vender from taking out the other's service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.