AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Comcast Pembroke Pines just took away HDNet and HDNetMovies and put in TNTHD (good for B-Ball playoffs) and VSGolf (WTF?????)

The HDNet and HDN-Movies showed something interesting stuff, not all the time, but I did watch every once in a while. What is VSGolf channel anyway?

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 /forum/post/0

What is VSGolf channel anyway?

The channel that shows the HD content from Versus and Golf Channel. Some Versus HD content still shows up on MOJO when it conflicts with Golf Channel's PGA tour coverage.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great news, even though HGTV-HD and A&E-HD were still dark the last time I checked yesterday. Food-HD was alive though, but I have to say -- scrolling forward through a few days of programming left me something less than overwhelmed. "Repeats-palooza" seems to be their motto. Not that it'll keep me from watching.

·
Registered
440 Posts
We just got the same three channels out in Western MA on Comcast as well.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Have had Food and HGTV HD for a while now. FoodHD PQ varies wildly...some things look great and others soft and blurry. HGTV is a little more consistent and tneds to look pretty good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Boston is a Comcast Classic area, so you guys & Philly will always get new channels first, while here in Chicago, we get word that NFL Network is being moved to the Sports Tier, better news would be NFL Network-HD launching.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyPocketsCarl /forum/post/0

AAAARRRRGHGHGHG!!!!!!

Curse you Time Warner Cable!!!!!

I need Giada in HD!!!!!

same here, TWC is great at innovating technology just not delivering HD channels to all their subscribers.

I wish my cable was, COMCASTIC!

·
Registered
51 Posts
And here in central Ohio, Time Warner just lit up Versus HD, which doesn't exactly jazz me up. My wife would love it if TW added the home-centric channels like Food and Home.

I sent a request to local TW last week and promptly got a nice reply saying that corporate decides what, when and where.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Just what I need... FOOD in HD.. It's bad enough as it is watching Unwrapped at night and finding myself back in the frig..

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by betona /forum/post/0

And here in central Ohio, Time Warner just lit up Versus HD, which doesn't exactly jazz me up.

If there's a bigger waste of bandwidth out there than VS., I don't know what it is. Okay, maybe the Weatherscan that runs in the HD tier, but that's it.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caernavon /forum/post/0

If there's a bigger waste of bandwidth out there than VS., I don't know what it is. Okay, maybe the Weatherscan that runs in the HD tier, but that's it.

Yeah, nobody watches golf. Especially not people with any kind of disposable income that might interest advertisers.

·
Registered
324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzen102 /forum/post/0

Yeah, nobody watches golf. Especially not people with any kind of disposable income that might interest advertisers.

"Waste of bandwidth" and "many people like golf" aren't mutually exclusive.
I might watch it too once it a while if I ever surfed past it and something was actually in HD, but it doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
8,289 Posts
Comcast Adding HD Services of A&E, HGTV, Food

Cable Operator Rolling Out Networks' HD Feeds as Capacity Becomes Available

By Linda Moss -- Multichannel News, 5/22/2007 12:15:00 PM

Comcast is adding A&E HD, Home & Garden Television HD and Food Network HD to its HD lineup, officials confirmed Tuesday.

That nation's largest cable company is rolling the new HDTV services out across its footprint as capacity becomes available.

For example, Comcast already launched A&E HD, HGTV HD and Food HD in Boston. And A&E HD is now available on Comcast's systems in Atlanta, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Detroit, among others.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6445509.html

·
Registered
520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caernavon /forum/post/0

"Waste of bandwidth" and "many people like golf" aren't mutually exclusive.
I might watch it too once it a while if I ever surfed past it and something was actually in HD, but it doesn't happen very often.

Every Thursday & Friday, the 1st 2 rounds of that weeks PGA tournament are live & in HD.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
More than nine hours for the first round of the Players. It was great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.