AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Comcast install a 5100 so that I could start getting HDTV via cable. The install was last week and after 4 days I lost channel 181 the NBC HD feed. They came out today and installed a new box. I checked all of the HD feeds and everything was fine. After about 4 hours the 183 Fox HD feed is now gone. All of the rest of the HD channels are fine as are the non-HD channels.

I just called to schedule another service call. Anybody have any ideas what other than bad boxes could cause the loss of just one channel?

Anybody else had this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
I too have the same problem with my 5100. After two weeks it just quit on all my HD channels. After a day all the channels die and it just sits at 0 on the front display. I've tried resetting by pulling the cable and power cords. Nothing is working. Comcast is bringing out new box and says it'll fix the problem. I'm pretty scepticaly with Comcast.

I live in SE MI and have Comcast as my service provide.

Thanks,

ET

·
2,432 Posts
If all the other HD stations and SD station are fine then its a good possibility that its the content provider, like Fox and NBC having the issue. You should check over on the Local HDTV reception forum and find the thread for your area and ask if anyone else is having the same problem.

If you lose 1 channel or a whole group of channels, it more likely to be comcast of the originator of the signal.

Its highly unlikely the boxes fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.