Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just got Comcast HDTV service that came with a Motorola 6200 stb and have a question about digital audio. I have tried the optical out to my receiver but it only plays in stereo. This was only a temporary hook up since I want to use the optical for something else. I bought a digital coax and hooked it up but I don't get any sound with that cable.

I also read about going into the audio setup and changing it to matrix, but I can't seem to find any audio options on the stb. I powered off and pressed menu, but I only have video options.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scratch the first part of my message, I got the coax to work. I had to RTFM for the receiver.

It's still only playing in stereo, so I still need help with that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PorscheT
You need to go into the Guide Menu->Setup->Audio->and switch Audio Output to Advanced.
Porsche,

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't see any audio options.

When I have the unit off, I press menu and I got video options. I pressed setup and got nothing.

Now if I go into the guide menu and press setup, it doesn't do anything. I wasn't sure what you meant so I tried both.

·
Registered
378 Posts
With the TV and the STB on, you need to hit menu on your remote, then go to main menu, hit that, go to setup, hit that, then hit audio and change the setting from stereo or tv to advanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.