AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, sorry if this is in the wrong forum...didn't know if this should go in "Recorders" or "Technical."

Anyway, I just switched from DirecTV to Comcast and, in the course of goofing off w/the new Motorola unit, I noticed that I can't set the program grid to default only to my favorite channels...unlike w/my old DirecTV H15. Am I missing something here? Is there anyway to remove the channels I don't watch? Pressing the channel up/down button scrolls through all the garbage...total waste of time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Posts on HDTV DVRs belong in the HDTV Recorders forum .

The iGuide software on your Motorola DVR doesn't allow one to remove channels from the guide; the best you can do is skip through the favorites. The same is true of most cable DVRs. From what I recall, only the Comcast TiVo software, Passport (not used by Comcast), and FiOS IMG allow you to browse by favorites and hide the rest. With rare exception, the DVRs available for rent from the cable companies can't match those from Dish Network and DirecTV.

Third-party high-definition cable DVRs like the TivoHD and Moxi do offer that feature.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts