AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an new RPTV, and have hooked up Comcast HDTV. The HDTV PQ is just fine -- great, in the case of the PBS Hi-Def Demo material. But the PQ on the non-HDTV stations, particularly the broadcast stations, is really not very good.

Since I'm new to this game, I wonder whether it's a function of Comcast or my TV. I'd have to conclude it's Comcast, since the TV is clearly capable of a beautiful display. Anyone out there experiencing lousy PQ using Comcast's HDTV?

(I know to expect a huge disparity between HD and standard cable PQ, but I'm just wondering if there's anything to make it better, or is this just the way it is...)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
it's a little of both, If you take a Bad Signal and blow it up you get a bad Picture.

It can also be your Cable Box. Sometimes it's best to call Comcast and tell them you are having problems and that you would like a tech to come out and check it out. They will then take readings and see what kind of signal you are receiving and then they should change the box to see if it's the box.

One thing I do is watch a lot of the shows on the component signal. Yes I get the 4:3 and bars but the picture is worth it. Other times I just go straight to the Coaxial without the Cable Box. That picture is sometimes better than the Box itself.

Give them a call and see if they can try to improve the picture at all...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.