AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased the Phillips 47PFL7432D and picked up a HD box from Comcast. One problem I have is that I can't get the OnDemand to work, I just have a "please wait" on the screen.

The other problem is that I can't get the HDMI working so I'm on Component cables right now. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have HDMI working now, just not OnDemand yet. I was told to wait up to maybe a hour to get the listings, does this sound right?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt19 /forum/post/12875509

I have HDMI working now, just not OnDemand yet. I was told to wait up to maybe a hour to get the listings, does this sound right?

Yes. It takes awhile for the guide to completely download and all services become available.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Digital HD cable box was bad and running the analog/coaxial cable thru the VCR/DVD player to the HD digital cable box wouldn't allow the cable box to recognize the IP address needed for OnDemand. You can use a splitter and then run the analog/coaxial to the HD cable box and to the VCR/DVD player if you wish.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt19 /forum/post/12943483

Digital HD cable box was bad and running the analog/coaxial cable thru the VCR/DVD player to the HD digital cable box wouldn't allow the cable box to recognize the IP address needed for OnDemand. You can use a splitter and then run the analog/coaxial to the HD cable box and to the VCR/DVD player if you wish.

You can't have a VCR prior to a DCT (cable box). There is no return path through the VCR, and the DCT needs the return path for interactive services to work. The box has to be able to send information (commands) back to the cable company's headend.

·
Registered
6,946 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt19 /forum/post/12875144

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Here's my suggestion...

Next time you ask for help, tell how the stuff is connected in your first post. Hard to give good advice if only a fraction of the information is known.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts