Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe somebody can help me.

I recently subscribed to Comcast HD service and to make a long story short they hooked up a Motorola 5100 to my Sony KV-34XBR910. All in all picture seems pretty amazing on all of the HD channels (especially live sporting events) until the channel displays dark images. When dark images are displayed, in the background scrolling from right to left is an annoying red line about 2" thick that is so damn noticable. I've checked all of my connections (component, s-video, rf and so on) and everything is connected fine. What the hell is wrong? This only happens on the HD channels not any other. I've called comcast numorous amounts of time and in the end I got nothing positive out of them. Funny part is I've been a Platinum subscriber for over 3 years now and they don't seem to care. If anybody has a solution to this feel free to help.....

I'm just outside of Philly in the Delaware County area (19008)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast response. This is actually my second 5100. They had to swap my previous 5100 cause the box kept shutting of and resetting and then turning back on. you so have me wondering

·
Registered
754 Posts
the box shutting off an resetting is a pretty common problem with the 5100's makes me glad when I had mine swapped they brought out a brand spankin new 6200.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm adding this to my original post since I forgot to add this in my original post. Is it maybe because I have the 5100 installed right under my TV and I also have it sitting right on top of my DVD player?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does anyone think when they update my firmware and enable DVI and I run a DVI cable, would that maybe solve my issue?

·
Registered
754 Posts
no a dvd player has nowhere near the power running through it to produce the type of rf interference you'd have to be seen on the 5100. Something like a wireless router on the otherhand could prove to be problematic over time.

Jeremy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm wondering if I should request a box swap once again (it would be my third) but this time ask if they have the new 6200 in this area yet? I doubt it though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.