Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I recently got Comcast HDTV (the silver motorla box) and have it hooked up to a Sammy HLN series. My problem is that standard definition stations are very grainy. As a matter of fact, these stations look much better when viewed directly from the cable outlet into the coax input on the tv (bypassing the box). However, HD stations look AWESOME. I'm using component cables and have the box set to 1080i. It seems to me that even the standard def. stations coming through the box are "digital", and should look better than plain analog stations straight out of the wall. Any ideas on if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RxMan1974
Any ideas on if I'm doing something wrong?
Nope, you are right on the money.

The 5100 is flawed in this respect. The upcoming 6200 will have a new chip set to hopefully remedy the SD problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks! I'll sure be in line to get the newest receiver when it's available. Any ideas when it will be available from Comcast?

Thanks!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Should see it in the next 60 days, I hope.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The local comcast guy seemed to be very familiar with this complaint.

I returned my 5100 last week for this reason, I'll re-up for HD when they got a better tuner for the analog channels - or send them digitally in standard res.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Did I see a thread recently about Comcast "favoring" 5100 users when 6200 series become available?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.